Thread: Shortcut Menus Priority in CUI

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Shortcut Menus Priority in CUI

I have found a few threads that relate to this issue, but I still can’t figure out how AutoCAD determines which Default, Command, & Edit shortcut menus to load. There are POP 501, 502, & 503 context menus in both the ACAD CUI and the ADT CUI. I have tried several set-ups but cannot see how to control which one actually appears when I right click.

And just by the way, where are the shortcut menus that apply to ADT objects? I can’t find any in the ADT.CUI that apply to the walls, doors, etc. I don’t want to change them, just curious. Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Shortcut Menus Priority in CUI

The shortcut menus are loaded from only one CUI, regardless of how many CUI files may actually be in the structure. There is a bug that has been long-lived, where the programmer's thought all the shortcut menus were loading, when they really aren't. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Until then, the CUI used for the shortcut menus wil be the one that was loaded with the Menu command. For most profiles, that means the OOTB CUI file, regardless of what is now main or enterprise.

To reliably customize shortcut menus at this stage of the game, you need to copy all of them into one CUI file (no need to delete the originals), make that CUI main temporarily, and use the Menu command to "wake up" AutoCAD to the shortcut menus in that file. You may then reload your desired CUI structure.

The added shortcut menus in ADT may well be created on the fly by ADT's customization. I only have MEP here.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I appreciate your response, but I’m still having problems. As you suggested, I used the menu command to load our custom cui that has the desired shortcut menus, which did work as long as it was the only menu loaded. But as soon as I restored the full CUI, they reverted to the ACAD standard.

So I tried starting all over with the following approach:
    I started in my manager’s profile with just our office standards CUI file as the main file and no enterprise cui loaded. I copied all the shortcut menus into it and added the extra functions I wanted. With this as the only menu loaded, the right click menus were the ones I had altered, as expected. I then loaded the ADT & ACAD menus to the office standard as partials. Again the short cut menus appear as expected.

I next switched to the User profile in which the above CUI is set as the enterprise file and I loaded the Custom.CUI as the main profile. The Custom.CUI has no shortcut menus at all. When I right click, I get the ACAD shortcut menus instead of the expected ones.

Do the customized shortcut menus have to be in the main CUI in order to work? Thanks again.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I went back and unloaded, then reloaded the enterprise CUI in the profile, and that seems to have done the trick. I don't know how this will work out when I deploy to the rest of the office, but we'll see what happens.

Login to Give a bone

As long as you export and use the profile that is working now for all your users, you ought to be ok.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.