See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: San Rafael, we have a problem.

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default San Rafael, we have a problem.

OK, I have a client that's a POWER user for Autocad Architecture and we've found a slight problem with annotative scaling.. It's gone completely nutso since they attached some xref's to thier project. They ARE using the ACA project manager (one of the few firms I have that actually know HOW to use that feature) and.. well, take a look at the attached picture. There are 179 different annotative scales, about 160 of them are useless as you'll see.

My apologies if this has already been beaten with a stick, I forgot to search. Just point me in the right direction if it has.

BTW, what you're seeing in this image is what happens when you click on the annotative scaling on the bar on the bottom. Instead of 10 or 15 scales coming up, this is what happens.. and it scrolls for days.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pauljordan; 2007-09-25 at 01:31 AM.
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: San Rafael, we have a problem.

This is an issue that should only occur if the drawing originated from a beta version of AutoCAD/AutoCAD Architecture 2008. The recently released service pack should ensure this doesn't occur regardless (although you might need to manually remove the redundant scales from the drawings you are seeing this in).

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240658

Chris

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pauljordan View Post
    OK, I have a client that's a POWER user for Autocad Architecture and we've found a slight problem with annotative scaling.. It's gone completely nutso since they attached some xref's to thier project. They ARE using the ACA project manager (one of the few firms I have that actually know HOW to use that feature) and.. well, take a look at the attached picture. There are 179 different annotative scales, about 160 of them are useless as you'll see.

My apologies if this has already been beaten with a stick, I forgot to search. Just point me in the right direction if it has.

BTW, what you're seeing in this image is what happens when you click on the annotative scaling on the bar on the bottom. Instead of 10 or 15 scales coming up, this is what happens.. and it scrolls for days.
    Hahaha!!! That's nothing. I had one that filled the ENTIRE screen (stretching to all 4 corners), not just up the middle like you have.

Quote Originally Posted by chris.yanchar View Post
    This is an issue that should only occur if the drawing originated from a beta version of AutoCAD/AutoCAD Architecture 2008. The recently released service pack should ensure this doesn't occur regardless (although you might need to manually remove the redundant scales from the drawings you are seeing this in).

Chris
    hmmm... interesting. The firm I mentioned above didn't mention they were on a beta version of ACA 2008 prior to upgrade. I'll have to ask them. Thanks for the link too.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by chris.yanchar View Post

Chris
    One problem here. The Xref's were NOT created with a Beta version. The Cad/IT guy is a little leary about installing the service pack because it "blew up" one of his computers.. Ok, those were his words. It actually had issues installing ACA to the point when I went over, I would get just past the initial install screen and it wouldn't give me the choice of installing ACA at all. Last I know he was going to nuke that machine and start from scratch.

The drawing having the issues is on another machine. Actually, I just spoke to the client and this drawing is causing these issues on other machines as well.

Login to Give a bone

I'm still beating on this one, just did a full purge and no luck there either.

Anyone else have any ideas??

Login to Give a bone

Clock out, go home, have a beer, and look at it tomorrow. Usually works for me!

Login to Give a bone

we have a customer that tried installing the SP1 and is still having issues with their xrefs.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

There is a command called -scalelistedit (I think that is what it is) that should allow you to clear this issue. We started seeing this in Civil 3D and started running a routine at startup to clear the drawings. One of the other support guys in the my group came acrost this. I will check with him for more infor and pass it along.

Login to Give a bone

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!

Thanks a ton campbell! I've got a client that will be uber-happy this morning.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: San Rafael, we have a problem.

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!

Thanks a ton campbell! I've got a client that will be uber-happy this morning.
    Glab I could help.