I'm attempting to produce Plan/Proflie dwgs using Plan Production Tools.

I am fairly new to C3D but I think I have a fairly good grasp of how to accomplish this, but I am having some problems along the way.

I have the necessary data shortcuts in my drawing. I go through the process of using plan production tools to create view frames. I select my alignment, specify my start and end stations, choose the Plan and Profile sheet setting, select my Template, etc., etc. and then the view frames are created in model space. I am not getting the desired start and end stations, nor the matchlines at the station locations that I want. I delete the undesirable view frame group, made adjustments to the snap station value, the view overlap, etc. but I can't seem to get the desired output. I realize that if you don't get the view frames in the exact desired location initially you can move them manually along the alignment to get the desired station and I can accomplish that, but then I encounter another problem. When I try to move the matchlines along the alignment to their desired station, the grips will only allow me to move the matchline (and matchline text) along the matchline axis, and not along the alignment. It must be a setting in the properties that I am missing. I have looked extensively but have had no luck.

When I am able get the matchlines and the start/end stations correct the first time, without the need for adjustments, then create sheets (plan/profile) successfully...how can one get the profile view to appear in the exact desired location in the layout viewport? Is there a way to achieve this, not requiring one to have to pan around in floating model space to get it to the desired location. The plan view only seems to need a slight adjustment, lining up an alignment station tick to a major profile line, but the profile seems to be much more difficult to locate in the exact position necessary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!