See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Importing Hatch Patterns?

Login to Give a bone

Default Importing Hatch Patterns?

I need to get some stone hatch patterns into Revit Arch. 2008. I've been aware of and have used StoneCAD 5 to look at different forms of their product (artificial stone, but very realistic looking) and have been able to import actual coloured images of their stone, which I use in my model for renders - very good. However I can't import the hatch patterns, which I thought might have been a lot easier than full color surface finishes.

My attempts to bring the hatches into Revit have been via sending the hatch from StoneCAD to Revit Architecture in my computer, then Settings > Fill Patterns > New > Custom > Import - I get an error message saying no drafting type hatches can be found when I click on the imported hatch.

There was a note within the StoneCAD website that there was a problem between it and Revit, even though it indicates that it is Revit compatible. The note is in the Hatch Info tab and it says that Revit has a bug recognizing SoneCAD .pat files and that Revit technical staff are aware of this.

Does anyone know if this is being worked on and if so, when it might be resolved?

If that isn't going to be resloved for some time, does anyone know where I could get Revit compatible hatch patterns that would be reasonably accurate ledgestone or random pattern sawn stone hatching. Without these, the drawings are very bland and fairly hard to read. The hatch patterns would give more accurate and clearer elevations and sections.

Frank Y

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Importing Hatch Patterns?

Did you try to only import one patternby copying it to a new file.
    Dont forget to add the Revit header for pattern
    *PatternName, PatternDescription
    ;%TYPE=MODEL

I could stop if I wanted to hugh.69031's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I think your problem is that you are attempting to load drafting patterns from a file containing model patterns only. You can look inside the .PAT file with a text editor such as NotePad or PSPad..

If you actually want drafting patterns change the line containing TYPE=MODEL to TYPE=DRAFTING (or simply remove it). Conversely if you want to see the MODEL patterns, try the Revit pattern loading dialog again and select Model rather than Drafting.

Scale can be a problem with some patterns unless they have been set up expressly for Revit. HatchKit 2.7 will adjust such patterns to allow loading at 1:1 scale.

Links to hatch pattern collections here, some containing stone patterns

http://www.cadro.com.au/hatchkit/HatLinks.html

Revit City could have a suitable pattern if you are still out of luck:

http://www.revitcity.com/index.php

Hugh Adamson
    Cadro Pty Ltd
    www.cadro.com.au

Login to Give a bone

Hugh

I went to the Cadro link and found El Dorado Stone hatch patterns in there. I was able to do an import of a couple of those, so I'm a happy camper.

Thanks to a fellow Aussie for your help - much appreciated.

Frank Y