Thread: red death circle when drag to sheet file

Login to Give a bone

Question red death circle when drag to sheet file

this is weird, two of my view files looks perfect but when they were draged onto sheet, i got bunch of red circles. these 2 views are 2 options of the same building plan, we want to put them onto the same sheet. also, these two options share one same contruct which is the common part of the 2 options.
    some one mentioned since the two options are exactly at the same location, when they were dropped to sheet, they are on top of each other. adt does not recognize option 1 & 2, so, it still tries to clean up all walls.
    I found out, if I use drag both views and drop onto the sheet, I got all red circles, but if I manually xref them to specific location on the sheet model space, I do not get any red circle. since this breaks ADT's law and will be hard for later changing of the files, I'd like to know how to solve the prob. Is there a way to drop a dwg to a specif point on sheet w/o snapping to "standard" point?

Thanks a lot

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: red death circle when drag to sheet file

Quote Originally Posted by utakecare2003 View Post
    this is weird, two of my view files looks perfect but when they were draged onto sheet, i got bunch of red circles. these 2 views are 2 options of the same building plan, we want to put them onto the same sheet. also, these two options share one same contruct which is the common part of the 2 options.
    some one mentioned since the two options are exactly at the same location, when they were dropped to sheet, they are on top of each other. adt does not recognize option 1 & 2, so, it still tries to clean up all walls.
    I found out, if I use drag both views and drop onto the sheet, I got all red circles, but if I manually xref them to specific location on the sheet model space, I do not get any red circle. since this breaks ADT's law and will be hard for later changing of the files, I'd like to know how to solve the prob. Is there a way to drop a dwg to a specif point on sheet w/o snapping to "standard" point?

Thanks a lot
    I'm having the exact same problem, but nobody believes me! I never could figure it out, so I drag each view onto the sheet. I get the red circles of death, but then I drag one view file over 100' (you can use any number). That way, they clear each other and it doesn't seem to mess up anything because ADT knows the Xref file is now at 100,0 instead of 0,0. After you do that, you need to go to the view pulldown and regen each model. The circles should disappear. It's kind of a pain to do the extra steps, but it works. I'm still trying to figure out how to just drag them into the sheet without this happening. I'll let you know if I ever figure it out.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    ... After you do that, you need to go to the view pulldown and regen each model. The circles should disappear. ....

could you explain how you did this? cause i moved one xref x' up and regened the dwg, the red circles are still there. how did you get them gone?

yeah, let me know when you figured the prob out.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by utakecare2003 View Post
    could you explain how you did this? cause i moved one xref x' up and regened the dwg, the red circles are still there. how did you get them gone?

yeah, let me know when you figured the prob out.
    Go to your view pulldown, and use regen model (it's a different than regen or regen all). After you pick it, you have to pick the Xref to regen. You need to do it for each xref'd view. Sometimes, I have to do it twice before the circles totally disappear.

Login to Give a bone

Another thing you can do is move it over in your view file. The only reason I didn't do that is because you will have to move every Xref you put in the view file after you move it ( I think). I didn't try it that way because of that. I figured once the sheet is set up, you leave it alone, so I did it there.

Also, look in the Project Navigator thread. I started a discussion on this, and there's 3 pages of answers from different people. You may see something there that helps you.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Have you tried modifying the option that cleans up walls between Xrefs?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cgraham View Post
    Have you tried modifying the option that cleans up walls between Xrefs?
    I've heard of that. Where is the option? I don't think it will work because I need to clean up walls between my interior and exterior constructs. Unless you can pick which Xref's clean up.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    I've heard of that. Where is the option? I don't think it will work because I need to clean up walls between my interior and exterior constructs. Unless you can pick which Xref's clean up.
    Its an all or nothing setting, and is made in the Wall Cleanup Group Definitions, on the Design Rules tab.