Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survey Module for Civil 3D 2006?

Login to Give a bone

Default Survey Module for Civil 3D 2006?

I have one seat of Civil 3D 2006, and we would like to incorporate Survey into our business. In trying to find the most cost effective way to add Survey, I'm trying to locate a survey module for Civil 3D 2006. Is this even possible anymore? Is there anyone out there who can help me?

any help or information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Survey Module for Civil 3D 2006?

There is no survey "module". Survey is built into Civil 3D.
    I'm not sure if it was there in the 2006 version, but it's there in later versions for sure.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

does anyone know for sure if it was survey was built into Civil 3d in 2006 version? It would be a great help to know this info.

All AUGI, all the time brian.hailey933139's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

A simple way to find out, is there a survey menu in your standard menus? If I recall correctly, survey was introduced in 2007, but don't quote me on it.

Login to Give a bone

If you're trying to be "cost effective", you should ditch C3D 2006 and move up to the latest version.

C3D is changing at a frantic pace. There have been so many improvements and "fixes" since 2006 that the extra time spent trying to use 2006 will eat up far more money than upgrading to 2008.

I don't even consider the 2006 release to be usable. The 2007 SP3 release was really the first one where the capabilities of the program finally started to outweigh the problems. But even 2008 SP2 has so many problems that you will not want to continue using it any longer than you have to. With Civil-3D, the subscription program is basically a necessity. You are hurting yourself terribly if you don't get the subscription.

Also keep in mind that no version of C3D is backward-compatible with any other version, so if you ever reach the point where you are working with another company that is also using C3D, you will want to be on the same version. That basically means you need to keep up-to-date, using the latest-and-greatest at all times. Well, you may want to wait a week or two before upgrading, because Autodesk has been releasing lots of bad service packs lately, but after that, it's best to get on the latest version as quickly as possible. Overall, every new release or service pack makes such a huge improvement over the last that it's detrimental to try using an old version. I still think it's doubtful they'll make it "out of beta" before the 2012 release, but it is getting better...

All AUGI, all the time brian.hailey933139's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sinc View Post
    I don't even consider the 2006 release to be usable. The 2007 SP3 release was really the first one where the capabilities of the program finally started to outweigh the problems. But even 2008 SP2 has so many problems that you will not want to continue using it any longer than you have to.

I whole heartedly agree with this statement.

Login to Give a bone

No survey module for 2006? Sure there is, I am looking at a copy right now."AutoDesk Survey 2006". BUT as the other's have said, you really need to go at least with the 2007 version. It just seems to work smoother. (Maybe it is really Survey 2006 with all the old bugs fixed?)

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dcermak View Post
    No survey module for 2006? Sure there is, I am looking at a copy right now."AutoDesk Survey 2006".
    Right, and that is for Land Desktop. The OP is using C3D.

Quote Originally Posted by cullen.88517
    I have one seat of Civil 3D 2006

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Right, and that is for Land Desktop. The OP is using C3D.

No Sir. I Have a copy of 2006 that has a module for civil, LDD, Survey and raster design. We have a computer for the field crews that has the Survey 2006 on it. I did not load the civi module.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dcermak View Post
    No Sir. I Have a copy of 2006 that has a module for civil, LDD, Survey and raster design. We have a computer for the field crews that has the Survey 2006 on it. I did not load the civi module.
    You are confused about the various Autodesk civil applications.

Autodesk Civil Design and Autodesk Survey are applications that run inside of (and are dependent on) Land Desktop.

C3D (Civil 3D) is a totally separate application that has nothing to do with Land Desktop.
    The OP has Civil 3D ,and Autodesk Survey does not work with Civil 3D.
    Civil 3D has it's own survey functionality built in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast