Thread: etransmit project drawings

Login to Give a bone

Default etransmit project drawings

Okay, before PN, I would etransmit a drawing, then add the other drawing files to it. There were only about 4 or 5. Now, with PN, I have all sorts of constructs, elements, view files, etc. How do I send my files through etransmit now? Do I have to individually select AAALLLLLLLL those files or is there a quicker way?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: etransmit project drawings

Hi Dan,
    I haven't done this in a while so I may be a little bit off, but here's what I think you can do to help with your problems.
    If you need to keep them all as seperate files for you consultants, you going to have a bit of work to do. If not here's the easy way.
    Inside of e-transmit, you can select a button to "bind all x-refs" as part of the set. Once you get the setup created (for how and where you want your e-trans to work) you can go to PN, pick the sheets, right click and you can batch e-transmit just like plotting.
    The next best option would be to select the "Same Folder" option for placement in the e-trans set up. With this option, I think you may need to run a redir command or use the x-ref manager to remove the paths.
    These are just some thoughts. If you can deal with the bind option that's where I'd start. You can then send individual drawings as required. I hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    Hi Dan,
    I haven't done this in a while so I may be a little bit off, but here's what I think you can do to help with your problems.
    If you need to keep them all as seperate files for you consultants, you going to have a bit of work to do. If not here's the easy way.
    Inside of e-transmit, you can select a button to "bind all x-refs" as part of the set. Once you get the setup created (for how and where you want your e-trans to work) you can go to PN, pick the sheets, right click and you can batch e-transmit just like plotting.
    The next best option would be to select the "Same Folder" option for placement in the e-trans set up. With this option, I think you may need to run a redir command or use the x-ref manager to remove the paths.
    These are just some thoughts. If you can deal with the bind option that's where I'd start. You can then send individual drawings as required. I hope this helps.
    Basically, after I do my initial design, we get a soils report. At that time, I send my plans to one of my engineers to do full foundation designs. He usually takes my floor plan and uses it for the base. He could just draw it from scratch, but he's an engineer and lazy . I don't have much experience with binding xref's. Will he be able to outline the building easily if I do it that way?

Login to Give a bone

I don't know why it would be a problem. Think of it like this. You drag the "view" onto your sheet. Well all of those files get put in model space, and then a view port is created. So if you go to the model space, it would act just like a typical thing. The main difference is that instead of having a bunch of x-refs you have 3 or 4 blocks. As long as your engineer is ok with looking at the sheet file and not some type of drawing that he would have to trace, you're fine. I think if the engineer is real lazy he may be able to just use the "ncopy" tool and copy it right there. Mainly, I'm not sure what kind of trouble he would get into if he were to x-ref it. I think he may find that his bigger problem is that his lines may not be all in the same z-plane.
    Again, a bound drawings is simply a drawing that has had it's x-refs taken out and replaced with a block that contains the same data. Or you could think of it like this. You just did a copy to clipboard and pasted as a block. Outside of that there's not much of a difference.
    I hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

Yep, it helped a lot. That's how he's getting it. I'm sure I'll get a call or two, but it should be okay.