Thread: Cover Sheet

Login to Give a bone

Default Cover Sheet

Anyone have an example of a nice cover sheet? I'm trying to create one that has my building info, company logo, etc. But I also want to have an elevation view of my building in a SW isometric, or something cool like that. Maybe even do a napkin sketch of it. Any ideas on how to do this? I tried using 2D elevation line, but when the elevation is generated, the bottom of the building is all on one horizontal elevation. There is no isometric look to it.
    I'm also looking for an examply on how to lay out the sheet. The ways I'm trying don't look too good. I'm having designers block!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cover Sheet

Lately we've been using image files created from sketch-up, just inserted on the sheet via the image manager. It gives a real soft feel to the cover sheet. If I find a little time I'll try to send you one.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    Lately we've been using image files created from sketch-up, just inserted on the sheet via the image manager. It gives a real soft feel to the cover sheet. If I find a little time I'll try to send you one.
    I appreciate it David. Is there any way to do it in ACA? I don't have sketch up.

Login to Give a bone

Well 2 options for you.
    A,) you could render it in ACA and apply that to your sheet via the image manager.
    B.) you could get the view/angle you want, switch to a hidden mode and use the "createhlr" command to create a 2d block that you could then paste on the cover sheet just like anyother block.
    Oh, and here's the 3 option.
    You could put your composite model in your cover sheet file as a view.
    Just some thoughts.
    As far as sketch-up goes, you can get the basic version for free. I don't know that you can import cad files into it. I think there's a way to get that same "sketchy" feel with ACA with the display reps that became available in 2007 or 2008. I'm not sure which one..

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    Well 2 options for you.
    A,) you could render it in ACA and apply that to your sheet via the image manager.
    B.) you could get the view/angle you want, switch to a hidden mode and use the "createhlr" command to create a 2d block that you could then paste on the cover sheet just like anyother block.
    Oh, and here's the 3 option.
    You could put your composite model in your cover sheet file as a view.
    Just some thoughts.
    As far as sketch-up goes, you can get the basic version for free. I don't know that you can import cad files into it. I think there's a way to get that same "sketchy" feel with ACA with the display reps that became available in 2007 or 2008. I'm not sure which one..
    I messed with the hlr, but a lot of the surface hatching was missing or blotchy. Other than that, it would have worked. I'm working on bringing in my CM as a view. I'll letcha know how that works out.

Login to Give a bone

Well, it sorta worked. No surface hatching, though. Just a blank building. I'd hate to have to do a rendering just for a cover sheet. There's gotta be a way to do it. Maybe I'll just insert a 2D elevation instead.