Thread: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0040 Exception at 6ce39eh

I could stop if I wanted to MartyC's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0040 Exception at 6ce39eh

Hey there Guys n Gurls,

Annoying little Fatal Error here, LT2002 quits about 10 seconds after opening file (any file).

Started happening a few weeks back. Repaired, and reloaded LT, searched every damn NG etc., only comment I have seen is reformat C:, dont really want to do that right now!Any ideas???

XP pro, P4, yada,yada, nothing significant changed/modified other than XP updates and new Norton AV.

Thanks in advance for input.

CheersM

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0040 Exception at 6ce39eh

Hi

Give the following links a try -

The best antivirus software (if any!!) to work with AutoCAD LT 2002 ?

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0040 Exception at 6ce39eh

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0040 Exception at 6ce39eh

+

Check out the following thread, gives a method that ensures Autodesk products are completely uninstalled -

Raster 2005 Question... "ERROR 25001"

+

When you reinstalled AutoCAD did you temporally turn OFF! (Disable) your Anti Virus Software?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0040 Exception at 6ce39eh

Thanks Mike,

Still trying to avoid formatting C:, also removing all AutoDesk products is a bummer, may as well move files and format if doing that I figure.

Have tried all other options noted here...........will advise when solution found

CheersM

Login to Give a bone

Update for anyone who may suffer from this:

Attempted to fix but destroyed windows XP with a couple of dumb moves. This was probably a good thing, 3 days of reconstructing, retrieving, formatting C drive and re-loading everything...........all fixed.

My advice to anyone searching high and low for a solution to this issue...........backup and format C:, this is the only solution.

I suspect orginal cause was 'about. blank' searchbot thing attack, and subsequent removal of offending bits.

ChhersM

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Question Re: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0040 Exception at 6ce39eh

I'm having same problem. Really don't want to reformat. Although about:blank happened to me a while back. It was a trojan horse and it looks like this maybe removed my notepad.exe.

I've since been using anti-virus/firewall (this is how I found out it was a trojan).

Anybody have an easy way to fix this? Is this caused because there isn't a notepad.exe?

Any ideas? Help?