Thread: animating daylight

Login to Give a bone

Default animating daylight

I am trying to animate daylight environment from 6AM to 6PM time frame for a particular Latitude and Longitude using Maxwell Render 1.52, or if there's another way to render please let me know. I have been googling it for the past few weeks but havent found anything.

Thanks in advance

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: animating daylight

Well, I don't know for sure if any of the members here use maxwell, I for one do not have access to it.

If you were running with a mr daylight system, I could walk you through it no problem.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by nullah79 View Post
    I am trying to animate daylight environment from 6AM to 6PM time frame for a particular Latitude and Longitude using Maxwell Render 1.52, or if there's another way to render please let me know. I have been googling it for the past few weeks but havent found anything.

Thanks in advance
    I have maxwell but to be completely honest with you I havent tried yet. I have had to put M~R on the back burner lately because we are mental ray at work. I want to say that I have seen it done though, your best bet is to ask on the maxwell forum

I could stop if I wanted to dellis's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

This may or may not work so take it with a grain of salt. If MAXwell is anything like VRay its skylight system is based on the angle of the sun. So if you used MAX's internal daylight system to give you the two postions for 6am and 6pm of the sun or the light that is to be the sun you could animate between the two postions and render as you normally would. I'm guessing that MAXwell must have its own skylight so you could just turn off MAX's daylight system and then just link MAXwells to the MAX daylight system. If this is clear as mud then let me know and i can set it up for you. I don;t have Maxwell but that really shouldn't matter.