Thread: Plotting Mr. Sid Raster Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Plotting Mr. Sid Raster Images

I had hoped that the Service Pack 1 would resolved this issue but alas, I am still having an issue plotting the Mr.Sid rater images. The resolution quality on the monitor is fine but when plotting, the image is very poor. I have treid to change the resolution settings in the Raster Options but each change brings no improvement. The shapefiles which are line works and polygons are plotting fine. Is there a seperate setting within AutoCAD Map which I'm missing??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plotting Mr. Sid Raster Images

I was having problems plotting a MRSID from a layout tab but when I plot from a window in model space it is very clear. Just resample the raster as zoomed befor selecting with the window.
    Good Luck

Login to Give a bone

Thank you Coondog but it still prints with very exaggerated pixelated image. I did resample in model space prior to plotting but same result.

Login to Give a bone

Are you attaching the image through FDO, or through Map->Image?

I was having the same problem when I was attaching MRSID files through FDO. The only solution I found was to attach the image the old fashion way.

I hope that helps.

Login to Give a bone

I had the same problem with a set of MrSid orthos when I connected them through FDO, the print quality was poor, and also had to revert back to the old way. You'd think there must be a resolution setting somewhere to tweak, but I couldn't find it.

All AUGI, all the time CADDmanVA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

It's been years since I've touched Map (2004 maybe?), so forgive me. I currently use vanilla, and to work with MrSID files, I needed the Object Enabler from the Autodesk website. I could see the images, but they would not unpack into the higher resolutions when zooming in, which is where I think your problem is stemming.

Login to Give a bone

This will allow you to convert the sid files. It is kinda hard to use, but once you figure it out, it can save you some time.

http://www.lizardtech.com/support/kb/viewtopic.php?t=24

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the imput. The real problem is that I am able to connect to numerous GIS layers and orthophotography (Mr. Sid). By converting the Mr. Sid image into jpeg will likely lose the GIS coordinates which may not allow me to accurately place the image in its right coordinate location. Hopefully Autodesk will come up with a fix for this.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CADDmanVA View Post
    It's been years since I've touched Map (2004 maybe?), so forgive me. I currently use vanilla, and to work with MrSID files, I needed the Object Enabler from the Autodesk website. I could see the images, but they would not unpack into the higher resolutions when zooming in, which is where I think your problem is stemming.
    MrSid support is built into AutoCAD Map, so no need to add object enablers. As the original poster and I said it seems to be a problem with the FDO Raster connect command, as the Sids plot out fine using the old Map > Image Insert command.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dbakshi View Post
    Thanks for the imput. The real problem is that I am able to connect to numerous GIS layers and orthophotography (Mr. Sid). By converting the Mr. Sid image into jpeg will likely lose the GIS coordinates which may not allow me to accurately place the image in its right coordinate location. Hopefully Autodesk will come up with a fix for this.
    It will allow you to convert to a GeoTiff. I use this alot because we have sid files of entire countys. I usually rip me a geotiff out of the area I want so it is not so slooooooow