Thread: Sheet Count by Discipline

Login to Give a bone

Default Sheet Count by Discipline

What I'm trying to do is put together a schedule that I can use as a QA/QC sheet for our drawing index. It would include who drew the sheet, who checked it, the sheet title, discipline and sheet order. I'd also like to to include the number of sheets not only for architectural but for other disciplines as well.

After searching the forums, I've started using the Sheet SortOrder/Sheet Discipline/Sheet Folder sorting method to create the Drawing index by Discipline. When I sort by discipline, I can get the total number of sheets for each trade, but I lose the itemized information; which his the purpose of this exercise.

I've tried writing an IF conditional that would count the number of instances of each sheet under a discipline, but the IF Statement won't allow me to use text as a parameter.

So, to cut to the chase, does anyone know how to get the subtotal of a sort parameter in a schedule? I'm thinking that the answer is going to be to remove the sort parameters when I need to get the number of sheets, and then when I need the itemized information to add those sort fields back into the schedule.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sheet Count by Discipline

Might not be necessary.

Assuming you are sorting and grouping your drawing list by the parameter discipline, you can still get a total of items in an itemized list.

In view properties of the drawing list, go to the formatting tab, select the count parameter, and check the "calculate totals" box at the bottom of the dialog.

Under the Sorting/Grouping tab of view properties for the drawing list, check the footers box, and then select totals in the adjacent drop-down.

That will subtotal sheets for each discipline.

Login to Give a bone

I don't know how I missed that. Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

I'm playing around with this now and was wondering if there's any way to do a count for each discipline without having a count field showing a 1 for each sheet. Ideally I'd like to have a count for each issuance(they're set up as parameters for the sheets) so the index also shows a drawing history.