See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Cadized State Seals??

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Official Cadized State Seals??

The architects/engineers at our office are tired of the letting the ink dry. So does anyone know where I can find any good supplier of state seals cadized?? Thanks in advancce!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Official Cadized State Seals??

Before you do that here's an option (or at least what I've done in the past).
    Take a state seal and scan it to a .jpeg and insert as an image with in a block.
    Best part is, as long as you don't send the .jpeg if you send the files to a consulatant, you don't have to worry any more than you typically would about someone stealing the seal and faking in the name.
    On the other hand, don't forget to make sure that there are some states that will only accept wet ink stamps and sigs on the state review sets. As far as sending them to the contractor/fabricator, they shouldn't need a stamped set, so I wouldn't stamp them. If they really want to have the little seal on there use the option mentioned above.
    I just got done with a project that was about 2000 total sheets. Each sheet had to be wet stamped, wet signed on initialed & dated in the title block. Oh I should mention that they had to do 2 sets. After spending the entire night before picking up last min redlines, I spent the next day laughing at my engineers as the hand cramps started.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for information about using a jpeg. That will be a good heads up for when I suggest this to our architects. Btw, that must have been fun to chuckle at watching the engineers sign all those drawings. Forunately, the partners have usually no more than 20 architectural sheets to sign away on as we typically do restuarants and commericial/retail offices.

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    Before you do that here's an option (or at least what I've done in the past).
    Take a state seal and scan it to a .jpeg and insert as an image with in a block.
    Best part is, as long as you don't send the .jpeg if you send the files to a consulatant, you don't have to worry any more than you typically would about someone stealing the seal and faking in the name.
    On the other hand, don't forget to make sure that there are some states that will only accept wet ink stamps and sigs on the state review sets. As far as sending them to the contractor/fabricator, they shouldn't need a stamped set, so I wouldn't stamp them. If they really want to have the little seal on there use the option mentioned above.
    I just got done with a project that was about 2000 total sheets. Each sheet had to be wet stamped, wet signed on initialed & dated in the title block. Oh I should mention that they had to do 2 sets. After spending the entire night before picking up last min redlines, I spent the next day laughing at my engineers as the hand cramps started.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

My engineers and architects would freak out if there stamp were "digitized". Wet stamp and deal with it. The headaches down the road are just not worth it.

ACote

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tim.137628 View Post
    Thanks for information about using a jpeg. That will be a good heads up for when I suggest this to our architects. Btw, that must have been fun to chuckle at watching the engineers sign all those drawings. Forunately, the partners have usually no more than 20 architectural sheets to sign away on as we typically do restuarants and commericial/retail offices.
    Heck, if they've only got 20 sheets to sign, tell em to toughen up. The first issue of my set was only 160 sheets X 2 sets. They had to sign them, but I had to put the wet stamp on. But in only had to stamp each sheet once, They had to sign them twice.

All AUGI, all the time Capt. Computer Crasher's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tim.137628 View Post
    The architects/engineers at our office are tired of the letting the ink dry. So does anyone know where I can find any good supplier of state seals cadized?? Thanks in advancce!

What you have asked is actually a touchy subject. Some states allow for digital stamp and some don't. It is kind of a grey area. Some engineers, architects, etc. don't like the digital stamps because it is basically up to them to protect their stamps against ethical fraud and a digital stamp can expose them to possible fraud. Even though technically the stamp is no good without a signature. Its frowned on in some states.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Computer Crasher View Post
    What you have asked is actually a touchy subject. Some states allow for digital stamp and some don't. It is kind of a grey area. Some engineers, architects, etc. don't like the digital stamps because it is basically up to them to protect their stamps against ethical fraud and a digital stamp can expose them to possible fraud. Even though technically the stamp is no good without a signature. Its frowned on in some states.
    Thanks for the info. The architects here probably don't need a stamp if it is could possible cause heartache later especially if we really don't use more than 20 sheets at best. Thanks for your help!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Computer Crasher View Post
    Your right it's a touchy, gray-area subject, we've run into this where I work too. We have electronic versions of most of the Architects and Engineers stamps. When the project (and State) allows it, we xref them into the plot sheets and they "wet sign and date" over them.

Note to the OP: we basically recreated the stamps in cadd with basic circles, lines and arched text. But to keep it more secure, the jpeg idea is better (which we've done on occasion too). As long as you remember not to send it out with a cadd file.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

So would we have to BIND the dwgs in order to prevent the seal being available for others to use? I have created the seal in CAD at the moment, but the JPEG idea is a lot better in terms of protected the architect or engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    Your right it's a touchy, gray-area subject, we've run into this where I work too. We have electronic versions of most of the Architects and Engineers stamps. When the project (and State) allows it, we xref them into the plot sheets and they "wet sign and date" over them.

Note to the OP: we basically recreated the stamps in cadd with basic circles, lines and arched text. But to keep it more secure, the jpeg idea is better (which we've done on occasion too). As long as you remember not to send it out with a cadd file.

Login to Give a bone

Well if you use the jpeg, you don't really have to worry. Just don't send the image file with it. Since you can't bind an image to a drawing, when you send them out, you can bind them or do what ever you wish, just don't send the image file with it. I think that's about the safest way do it. Anyone could still make a photo copy of the seal and steel it, but that's why most states require a wet seal and sig at least on the cover page for state review. Just a thought.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast