Thread: NEED HYPERLINK HELP

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation NEED HYPERLINK HELP

I'm having an issue with the text that displays in the text box - it won't display all the characters I'm putting in there. It seems that there is a limit of 255 characters, yet the limit of what the text box will show is more like 50. What I'm attempting to do is hyperlink the keynotes with their appropriate notations. My client hates flipping back and forth from the plan to the keynote page, and would like to just roll over the note with her mouse and get the information. Trouble is, most of my notes are at least 50 characters. Does anyone know of a way to expand the limitations of the character display? Also, if there's a better way than using hyperlink, I'd love to hear those ideas too. Thanks in advance!

FYI - I'm using ACAD 2006.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: NEED HYPERLINK HELP

Are you using MTEXT? If so, maybe the bounding box that defines the width of the multiline text object is not big enough.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cwjean76 View Post
    Are you using MTEXT? If so, maybe the bounding box that defines the width of the multiline text object is not big enough.
    I think they are referring to the tooltip, which are designed to be more of a preview than displaying the complete text. That behavior is not modifiable. Custom programming is the only option. An off the shelf custom program like Periscope might work. Another option would be to select the object and view the complete tooltip in the Properties Pallette.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Ed,

It was the tooltip I was referring to. I tried your second option (select the object and view the complete tooltip in the Properties Pallette), and that does work in the original drawing. However, I am using the original as an xref. I am a furniture designer, and the original drawing is of the building shell. I take my architect's drawing and xref it into a new drawing, which becomes my furniture plan. I have to go into the original in order to assign the hyperlinks. Then when I go back to my furniture plan, which my end user reads, the hyperlink no longer reads in the properties window.

Are there any other back doors anyone can think of? And is there custom programming I can do on my own?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RREDDEN.99202 View Post
    Are there any other back doors anyone can think of? And is there custom programming I can do on my own?
    Sure, you can use .NET to do what you want. I suggest you look into Periscope first to see if it can be customized to do what you want. It would be cheaper.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your help, Ed! I'll look into it.