See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Air Device Tag

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom Air Device Tag

Scott took the words right out of my mouth...

Of course he gives straight answers without sarcasm, so advice is better received from him

-Buzz

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks Scott,

I'm familiar with drag and drop outside of AutoCAD, I just (incorrectly) assumed that attempting to drag in AMEP would just give me a window/crossing. Never guessed it'd be that easy. I'm tempted to delete my post so I don't sound like such an idiot.

As for sharing, I think I'll be ambitious and eventually try the network tool palette thing.

Thanks!
    Brad

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Ever tried to drag-and-drop a coworker who doesn't conform to CAD Standards?

Before trying to share the Tool Palette over a network you should remove all sharp objects from your desk...

-Buzz

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Ever tried to drag-and-drop a coworker who doesn't conform to CAD Standards?

Before trying to share the Tool Palette over a network you should remove all sharp objects from your desk...

-Buzz
    And do what I did, which was shave my head so i wouldn't pull any more of my hair out.
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

Login to Give a bone

I have found it easier to just threaten them!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Ok, I was able to get the tag to display the information I wanted it to, but I'm struggling with the text styles.

I watched your nifty video Buzz, and attempted editing the font at it's lowest-exploded level, but that didn't work the way I wanted. It could be because I created the tag in a separate drawing (the master-tag drawing), added it to the tool pallette, and then added it into my desired drawing. But when I add it, it reverts back to the 'Standard' text style. Oddly enough though, the text height came in correctly. When I add the tag into a new drawing, the height comes in incredibly small.

If I 'rebuild' the custom tag in the desired drawing (by exploding an existing one) and change the text style at the lowest-exploded level, the text style works fine, but now the text size is too big, and I'll (probably) have to scale it by 10/45 as you suggest.

I'm currently in the middle of re-creating the tag in an entirely new drawing that I hope to eventually use as the dwg that holds all of our company's custom tags. We'll see how it works.

On another note, regarding the property definitions. What's the best way to set up AMEP so that the new properties I created are included in each new drawing I create? Should I just add them to the template dwg I use? Or is there a profile setting that it loads the property definitions from?

Also, I discovered that AMEP includes a feature (somewhat) similar to what Ryan accomplished with the system abbreviations in the Location, Service, and Type AbbreviationToggles. My next question: anyone know of a way to attach these properties to the air terminal as soon as it's inserted, rather than having manually add them later? Further, is there a way to set what these properties are on a terminal-by-terminal basis? For instance, it seems that our company doesn't include a service abbreviation for ceiling supply diffusers (CD), but does include it for ceiling exhaust grilles (CEG) (don't ask me why). It'd be super if I could already include the GTagAirTerminalObjects (or a custom property set) and have those properties set.

Thanks for the help!
    Brad

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Hey Brad,

Regarding the Property Sets coming in automatically, check out my last post to Ryan here: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=76591#6

You could either add all your property set definitions to a template and use it or you could create a separate .dwg file and insert it automatically via a lisp command that is in the Startup Suite Contents (appload). I tend to use templates, but I am crazy...

As far as the text style goes... it may be that the text styles between your current drawing and the drawing you use for the tags has the same text style names, but not the same settings - check that out and see.

-Buzz
    Last edited by buzz; 2008-07-30 at 06:22 PM.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

To clarify, for the Startup Suite Contents you type "APPLOAD" at the command prompt then click on the "Contents" button (see screenshot).

-Buzz
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

I am only having one problem with my tags now.

When I insert a diffuser or grille, they do not bring the "GTagAirTerminalObjects" Property Set Definition in with them, but when I select it to place my tag, it inserts the definition.

The problem I am having is that the Property Set always defaults to Supply Diffuser, even if I insert a grille.

If I select the grille, go into properties, select the extended data tab, look under Property Sets, and it lists "Location", then "Service", then "Type".

When I go there and manually change the Service to Return or Exhaust, I get the results for which I am looking.

I do not yet know how to make it get the correct service automatically.

I do know how to get around that, and have the tag insert a prefix. Then just make sure I have a tag for each system. But in doing that, I am not having the system work the way it should. If I do it this way, I can go into my service, change it to whatever I want, and it will make no difference.

I would prefer to have it work correctly the way I currently do it.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Ryan,

You would need to have the mvpart for that device include a custom property that said it was a diffuser (or grille). Currently, it is set to be a List, not a Constant.

The mvparts that I create all come in with the correct information, all specific to that particular part (same as with rooftop units, exhaust fans, etc.) - but you have to spend a lot of time with the custom properties.

Shameless plug: http://www.geniusoftllc.com

-Buzz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast