Thread: Revit User Assessment Tool

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit User Assessment Tool

Anyone know of or working with some sort of assessment tool for Revit? Looking for a tool that I can not only evaluate users, but to also determine how effective our training is. I know there are products out for AutoCAD, just have not seen anything yet for Revit and was hoping someone had.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit User Assessment Tool

How about: Give them a hand sketch or photo with dimensions of something and have them model & document it with Revit. It should be pretty obvious who can and who can't do it.

All AUGI, all the time clog boy's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

That would split the batch in two.
    Let him reproduce an existing project. Drawing and documenting a simple house for instance should take less than a day. Anyone making that target is well trained, and can work with Revit the way you set it up.
    Anything worse indicates there's something wrong with either the user, or the way your company uses Revit (example wrong template, incomplete library, etc). He will come with excuses why he missed the mark. Anything valuable, do something with it and see what happens. Else train him, or if it is an attitude problem dismiss him.

Any variation on this 'flow chart' splits the batch in more chunks, and you'd be able to get some feedback from it. I don't think there's an assessment tool for software that should be tailored to your needs.

I could stop if I wanted to TroyGates's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

http://www.knowledge-trax.com has tests for most Autodesk products, including Revit. They were at AU last week.

All AUGI, all the time clog boy's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by TroyGates View Post
    http://www.knowledge-trax.com has tests for most Autodesk products, including Revit. They were at AU last week.
    Off the record, I've been wondering about the subscription fees. They should be quite high, considering Autodesk resellers get a $1000 discount.
    I've never been the guy to attend meetings, let alone presentations. Does that make AU wasted on me?