Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OSNAP problem

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question OSNAP problem

I'm using ACAD 2007. Alright. I'll so my best to explain this properly. I have this little 'quirk' with my OSNAPs. I'm drawing a floorplan and simply trying track from one point on a wall perpendicular to the other side of the same wall to start a new pline. However, it keeps trying to tell me that perpendicular is at the endpoint(?) or some other obscure point of the pline I'd like to start the new pline at. Not where it 'should' be. Now, this seems to happen from time to time and it's quite confusing. Anyone have any ideas on what's happening here?

All AUGI, all the time CADDmanVA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: OSNAP problem

Shot in the dark here, but check the Z values of the line you are tracking from, and tracking to. I have the same problem sometimes, and the is the normal cause.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CADDmanVA View Post
    Shot in the dark here, but check the Z values of the line you are tracking from, and tracking to. I have the same problem sometimes, and the is the normal cause.
    The values are the same. I would also like to point out that I'm using 'Temporary tracking point' instead of 'Snap from'.

Login to Give a bone

Might be better if you can post the dwg on here so we can take a look at it.

Login to Give a bone

Here's the drawing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Maybe im confused on what you are trying to accomplish. I simply did a line from endpoint of the right line to perp of the left line and it worked. Im I missing something?

Login to Give a bone

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I don't know. Somehow it's just not working here on my end. I've checked other drawings and it works fine in them. I know there are more cumbersome ways of accomplishing this, which is what I'm having to do. Like I said earlier, this simply happens occasionally. Not all the time.

Login to Give a bone

What osnaps do you have on when trying to do it. Thinking that it might just be picking up the endpoint as soon as you click on the Perp point. use an osnap override ( Shift+Right Click than select Perp and see if it does it.)

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sonny.morales View Post
    What osnaps do you have on when trying to do it. Thinking that it might just be picking up the endpoint as soon as you click on the Perp point. use an osnap override ( Shift+Right Click than select Perp and see if it does it.)
    END, MID, PER, & NEA.....When it doesn't want to pick up the PER I have set I've been overriding it, like you said, and it's still being stubborn. I had someone else load the drawing on their system and it still does the same thing.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cwjean76 View Post
    I'm using ACAD 2007. Alright. I'll so my best to explain this properly. I have this little 'quirk' with my OSNAPs. I'm drawing a floorplan and simply trying track from one point on a wall perpendicular to the other side of the same wall to start a new pline. However, it keeps trying to tell me that perpendicular is at the endpoint(?) or some other obscure point of the pline I'd like to start the new pline at. Not where it 'should' be. Now, this seems to happen from time to time and it's quite confusing. Anyone have any ideas on what's happening here?
    perhaps you are working with one object in 3D, or it has been defined with elevation or tihckness difeferent to 0, you can see that at the properties palette a set it to 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast