Thread: What is going on with Viz?

Login to Give a bone

Default What is going on with Viz?

We currently use 3D Studio Viz R3 along with ADT3.3 and are very happy with the quick high quality renderings we can produce. We upgraded to ADT 2004 a while back, but we haven't make the switch to using it yet because it isn't compatible with 3D Studio Viz R3. I understand ADT 2004 includes Viz render, which is suppose to do what 3D Studio Viz did in the past. However, we still do some additional modeling in 3D Studio Viz and object manipulation that aren't possible in Viz render.

We definitely want to move to ADT 2004 or ADT 2005, but are unsure weather the Viz Rendering package will be sufficient for us. Is anyone using Viz render extensively? How do you find it compares to 3D studio Viz? Are there things you did with 3D studio Viz that you can't do with Viz render?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What is going on with Viz?

Hi Greg,

I think you'll have more luck posting on the ADT forum, where ADT and VIZ Render users will be able to answer you better.

You're correct, VIZ Render has no modeling tools, it also only has one material type, and supports only Photometric Lights. VIZ 2005 will have all that.

Apart from that, all I can do is suggest you get a trial copy of ADT and VIZ 2005 to see for yourself.

Alexander