Thread: "Open" Dialog Box missing "Places"

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation "Open" Dialog Box missing "Places"

Upon the reinstall (after HD crash) of ADT 2006, I have encountered a problem with the "Open" dialog box titled "Select File".

The box appears after ctrl-O, as it should. The appearance of everything seems normal - "Preview" pane, tool bar with folders and Views, etc., and "File name:" and "Files type:"

The area with the trouble is "Places" - no icons, not even a graphic detent outlining the area for "Places". Right-clicking in this area brings up the properties box as it should but nothing happens when selecting "Add..." or "Add Current Folder".

Any ideas on what the trouble might be?

I don't know if this is the proper Forum for this question but one must start somewhere mustn't one.

While I am here, AutoCad is fun but maneuvering the Forum site is beyond my comprehension. How do I Subscribe to this - or any other - Forum?

Thanks, All.
    ~jerry

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Open" Dialog Box missing "Places"

Welcome Jerry

Is it just the open dialog, or others, e.g. browsing during the INSERT command or the SAVE command? I would try doing a repair first. Make sure you have admin rights to the pc.

As far as the forums go, if you are only interested in a few forums, save shortcuts in your browser favorites. You can subscribe to a forum from the forums's home page using Forum Tools>Subscribe to this forum. You can also set your preferences in you control panel to subscribe to threads that you post to.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Thanks, Ed...........I just found it again, ugh, the Forum where I placed my question.

Okay on your response. .......will try it and get back to you if I cand find my post again....I'll bookmark it this time.

Only a two-man office so the inquiry is for the boss......he makes the adjustments, I do the goffer work.

BTW - Cute kid. I have a photo similar: my son in a high chair wiyh no shirt and chocolate pudding all over him - try it, it's fun.

~jerry

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jerry.105922 View Post
    BTW - Cute kid. I have a photo similar: my son in a high chair wiyh no shirt and chocolate pudding all over him - try it, it's fun.
    Thanks, but its not my kid. Just found it on the internet. He is now "Eddie Spaghetti".
    C:> ED WORKING....