Thread: Knuckle corridor

Login to Give a bone

Default Knuckle corridor

I created a corridor of my 3 streets forming a u shape corridor. At the lower left hand corner of the corridor is a knuckle.

Do I create a alignment, then a profile of the knuckle? Do I offset it? I am stuck on creating elevation labels so they can sync.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Knuckle corridor

Quote Originally Posted by sondo8 View Post
    I created a corridor of my 3 streets forming a u shape corridor. At the lower left hand corner of the corridor is a knuckle.

Do I create a alignment, then a profile of the knuckle? Do I offset it? I am stuck on creating elevation labels so they can sync.
    Create an alignment along the back of the curb or edge of road (whichever applies) and create a template for the knuckle adjust the settings however u need. And then edit your corridor to add the knuckle in.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Knuckle corridor

I attended AU2007 and took a class on corridors that included knuckle design. The class was good and and the handout was very useful as well. This is the link to download the class handout http://au.autodesk.com/download/3871...Eachron%20.pdf. Download and read through the handout, it goes through all the terminology with figures showing what the term refers to. This should help clear up some confusion and give you some extra pointers on knuckle corridors. I hope this helps you, I know the handout can explain it better then can.