Thread: Bogus Sheet size (1000 times defined size)

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Bogus Sheet size (1000 times defined size)

O.K, here’s a strange one that I cannot get to the bottom of.

My computer has started showing one specific sheet size incorrectly (it sizes it up by a factor of 1000) – see attached image. The sheet size shows up as 15” x 21” on all other computers in the building, but on my machine it shows up as 15000” x 21000”. This was brought to my attention when I plotted out a full 150 foot roll or paper for a 15” x 21” sheet (the Plot Stamp pointed to me as the culprit).

All other sheets sizes show up correctly for this plotter including the full size version (30” x 42”) of the sheet that is giving me problems. The plotter properties show up correct at the Print Server and at all other computers in the building. The PC3 files have not been modified since February of this year.

The only thing that I have done out of the ordinary is that I plotted a sheet that came in from one of our other offices. I did not want to send to their plotter so I choose a plotter in our location instead – that is when the problem came in.

I have had IT add new sheet definitions to the device and I have tried removing the plotters from my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AutoCAD. I removed all registry items and “Application Data” items that point to AutoCAD after the uninstall.

Since I started typing this I have been informed that two other users are starting to see the same bogus sheet size. They are both plotting from the same project from our other office.

One truly troubling aspect of this happening is that I cannot make this type of sheet size on the plotter if I try. The plotter itself only allows up to a certain size.

Also, any user who logs in on my station gets the same bogus size.

I am using AutoCAD 2007 SP2 on a Windows XP SP2 machine.

Any feedback would be appreciated because I have no idea where to look at this point to try to solve this.

Brett
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brett Gatti; 2007-12-12 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Added Attachment

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Bogus Sheet size (1000 times defined size)

bcgatti,
    It is possible to edit or customise sheet sizes in the PC3 file...
    Could this be the case...

Personally, I use nothing but custom sheet sizes...
    I replicate them, even if they exist so that default settings need not be changed...
    It also allows for the simplification of sheet names, from 10-page essay descriptions to just a couple of characters, which in turn makes macros or LiSP easier and more concise...

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Bogus Sheet size (1000 times defined size)

RedBullSuziki, thanks for the feedback.

It turns out that somehow the Oce Driver got corrupted on the computer of anyone who had attempted to plot the files from our other office.

I have removed the plotters and deleted the drivers, then reloaded the plotters and all is well. Now to find out what happened with these files.