Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 doesn't play nice?

Login to Give a bone

Default 2008 doesn't play nice?

hello! this is my first post to this forum, so, hello. here's my issue-

we currently have 2 versions of autodesk/autocad products floating in our office. autocad 2008 (yay!) and ADT 3.3. i have tried saving to "AutoCAD 2000" so that the people who are using ADT 3.3 will be able to work in files that i have worked in, but we get a lot of errors in the command line. actually, one error line about 20 times per command:

ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClass

I know there is a way to get rid of this. please help. i am going to be forced to use ADT 3.3 if i can't find a way to fix that. and it's a little like the dark ages...

thank you in advance for your help- i have learned a lot from these forums.

All AUGI, all the time Richard.Kent's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2008 doesn't play nice?

Quote Originally Posted by sjansen.147364 View Post
    hello! this is my first post to this forum, so, hello. here's my issue-

we currently have 2 versions of autodesk/autocad products floating in our office. autocad 2008 (yay!) and ADT 3.3. i have tried saving to "AutoCAD 2000" so that the people who are using ADT 3.3 will be able to work in files that i have worked in, but we get a lot of errors in the command line. actually, one error line about 20 times per command:

ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClass

I know there is a way to get rid of this. please help. i am going to be forced to use ADT 3.3 if i can't find a way to fix that. and it's a little like the dark ages...

thank you in advance for your help- i have learned a lot from these forums.
    The Autodesk Knowledge base is a great place for these types of errors.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...hatKindOfClass

watch the word wrap.

or use
    http://tinyurl.com/2vnjao

Login to Give a bone

We see those type errors when trying to open a drawing saved by a newer version of one of the vertical products (LDT, C3D, ADT. etc.). Are you sure your AutoCAD 2008 is just plain AutoCAD or was it installed as part of a vertical product?

Login to Give a bone

we have autoCAD architecture 2008 installed. thanks for the suggestion of the hotfixes from autodesk, but the ADT 3.3 is too old, none of the autodesk issued hotfixes apply to it. 3.3 is equivalent to 2002, i believe... ( i tried to run them anyway- no dice).

my testing concludes that the issue is with the aec objects attached to the files by adt 3.3. we don't actually use any of the ADT features, we run it as though it is autoCAD, but ADT attaches aec info anyway- i think.

there used to be an export-to-autocad command that worked, it would explode the aec objects and thus resolve the problem. but the comand no longer allows me to choose the file type (ie- it always exports to 2007). there used to be a dialog for this command that allowed me to choose. without being able to choose a 2000 filetype the dwgs can't be opened by 3.3.

i appreciate any insight you can provide. thank you!

Login to Give a bone

In C3D (Civil 3D) we can Export to AutoCAD in 2000, 2004 and 2007 formats. They are all separate commands accessed on the file menu. See attached image.

You can also try typing "_AecExportToAutoCAD2000" at the command prompt.

There is a batch converter (AeccCivilBatchConverter) if you have several files to convert.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

thank you. thank you.

aecexporttoautocad2000 works like a charm. a little, lifesaving charm.

my file<export<

doesn't look the same as yours. i actually have no .dwg options in the export tab of the file menu whatsoever. which is too bad. your export menu looks much nicer.

anyway- not everyday you get to be the hero for a girl in nebraska, now, is it?

thanks for your help.

Login to Give a bone

Woo Hoo! Jeff's a hero!

I'm running ACA2008, and I have "export" under the file menu, but I also have "export to acad", which is where the fly out for the different releases are. You don't, by chance, have that one and overlooked it, do you? Just a thought.

Login to Give a bone

i don't think i have overlooked it. i have attached the screenshot of my file menu. it's only got the one export... option. is this an additional option that needs to be loaded? is it possible that it got unloaded accidentally, and i should re-install ACA2008?

Login to Give a bone

Hmm, that's funny. Your's is missing a few options....
    I have no idea if it's a load issue or not.

my screen shot is super fuzzy for some reason. How did you get yours so clear?

Login to Give a bone

Okay, this may help you out.......it will be confusing but here it goes,
    Type CUI at the command line, there will be 3 boxes (2 on the left and one on the right).
    In the top box on the left, expand menus, then file. Now, here's where it gets confusing because mine is already loaded, so I don't know exactly what steps to take, but on the bottom box, choost ADT commands from the pulldown. Now scroll to the top of the bottom left box. Now scroll down just a little bit, it should be around the 16th one down. It should say 2000 DXF Format, then under that is 2000 format, then 2004, then 2007 etc. Those ones that don't say DXF are what you need. I think if you go to the top LEFT (oops!) box again, right click under menus and choose 'new sub menu', you should be able to create a sub menu called "export to Autocad". Then under that new sub menu, just insert each of the formats. Save and exit. Now they should be there, hopefully. I don't know why they didn't load automatically, but that should fix it.
    Last edited by dzatto; 2007-12-17 at 11:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast