Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: system requirements 2009

Login to Give a bone

Default system requirements 2009

I'm about to upgrade my office to autocad architecture 2008. this is going to require a serious hardware change and i was wondering if anyone has any idea on what the system requirements are for AA2009. i was hoping that i can maybe get ahead of the game for once and pick up a few extra GHZ now to keep from having to do all this again in the near future.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: system requirements 2009

Quote Originally Posted by emodderman View Post
    I'm about to upgrade my office to autocad architecture 2008. this is going to require a serious hardware change and i was wondering if anyone has any idea on what the system requirements are for AA2009. i was hoping that i can maybe get ahead of the game for once and pick up a few extra GHZ now to keep from having to do all this again in the near future.
    Not yet I don't think. Could you hold off a few months with the upgrade?

Login to Give a bone

no, this upgrade is LOOOOONG overdue and it's come to a critical point and now it's gotta be dealt with. it's not the end of the world, i just figured someone out there had to know how much more ram this darn program is going to take! heheh

Login to Give a bone

Well they (the higher up) finally decided that a single P4 with a gig of Ram was a little under powered. They decided to finally put an end to the complaints. When they come out (they are supposed to be out by the end of Jan) we are going with a leveno workstation. Unless you do lots of rendering and don't have a render farm set up, it's about all you'd need. Most Adesk apps won't see dual processors so no luck there. Adesk (from my understanding) won't support a 64 version of their product (they do have them) and Widows XP (and I think Vista aka crapsa) won't see more than 3 gigs of ram. memory is cheep. Buy 4 Gigs of fast ram, all the same type and lot. That's about all you can do unless you want to go out on a limb and go the Mac route but you're going to spend more money for it. Just my 2 cents.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by emodderman View Post
    Anyone who does know will be under non-disclosure agreement not to say.

Login to Give a bone

I can't find any system requirements for 2009. Not even in the Beta literature.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post
    Anyone who does know will be under non-disclosure agreement not to say.
    But as John stated above, even if it was in the Beta literature I'd have to kill you if I told you =)

I looked at the system requirements for AA2008 and they look pretty good. I would strongly recommend against a P4 and go with a Core 2 Duo. I'd recommend a Core 2 Duo E6750 (or faster) with a 1333 MHz Mobo, 3-4 GB ram, 7,500 RPM or 10,000 RPM HDs. Even though AutoCAD is not multi-thread capable (except for rendering) the multi core processor will help when running multiple applications. And some day, hopefully soon, Autodesk will support multi core processors.

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    Adesk (from my understanding) won't support a 64 version of their product
    AutoCAD 2008 is supported running under XP Pro 64-bit and Vista 64-bit. It would only stand to reason that eventually the verticals will be supported also.

Login to Give a bone

I have on order a 2GHz quad core Intel, with 4GB ram and a ATI V7200 GPU. That should be enought to last you a few years.

Login to Give a bone

Just a note to say that i'm now using the kit spec above and its great! Oh i do mean GREAT!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by stuart.dickenson View Post
    Just a note to say that i'm now using the kit spec above and its great! Oh i do mean GREAT!
    That's good; but you know that in a month's time you'll be cursing because it isn't fast enough.

Login to Give a bone

the worse part is you may be right! oh well s**t happens...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast