Thread: Errors when loading linked files??

Login to Give a bone

Default Errors when loading linked files??

This thing is baffling to me. I have a project file with 4 linked DWG files. When I first opened the project, it said the files could not be found at Z:\blah blah blah (network path location) and they would be loaded as they last appeared or something like that.

So I go to Manage Links, re-load every file (which goes fine, no errors) and change all the paths to absolute. Just to double-check, every file is in fact located at the location listed in Manage Links.

So then I save and close, then open the file again, and I STILL get the same error about the linked files could not be found! arggghhhh I even just opened each and every DWG file in AutoCAD, they all open fine, but Revit still says it can't locate the files! What is going on here??

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Errors when loading linked files??

I have been getting this exact same message and have not tracked it down to what is causing it. Will post something if I come up a with solution.

Your not alone on this one!

mcblum

Login to Give a bone

Okay this is crazy. I deleted all the links, and then re-linked all the DWG files and placed them properly, acquired shared coordinates, set site plan to true north, blah blah blah everything worked fine.

Next time I opened the file after saving to Central, once again I get a message about it not being able to find the linked file, and it will show up as it did when it was last saved. I go to the site plan and still everything looks normal.

What is the deal here?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

We had a similar problem with some details. Then I found out that someone had changed the folder's name from "Div 3" to Div03". Since you already tried relinking them this probably isnt the problems.

The only other thing that I have come across is that Revit is not to fond of AutoCAD hatch patterns. Right now all we have figured out is that it doesn't like associative hatches (sometimes they get unbounded and Revit freaks), layered solid hatched (one over another, dont ask why they were that way I didn't draw the original detail...), and the sand pattern is problematic. For the most part Revit just errors out, you have to audit the central file and it kicks out the problem links. I have had varying degrees of this problem from not loading to divorcing me from the central file.. all of which appear to be hatch pattern based.

You could try deleting the hatch patterns and then re-linkings, auditing the file, and as always check your Revit errors (see if it already knows about some problem).

Nick

Login to Give a bone

Well I dunno what the deal was. I deleted the linked file again, and re-linked it in again, and it seems to be working fine now. I haven't had any errors about not finding the file when I open my Revit file since I did that this last time.