Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jogged linear dimension

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Jogged linear dimension

Does anyone know how I can modify how this looks. I would guess there is a block being used. Anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Jogged linear dimension

I think they are here, but I can't figure out how to make the jogged tool recognize any changes made to the block.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\ACD-A 2008\enu\Styles\Imperial\break marks (imperial).dwg

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    I think they are here, but I can't figure out how to make the jogged tool recognize any changes made to the block.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\ACD-A 2008\enu\Styles\Imperial\break marks (imperial).dwg
    I think I should have mentioned I'm running vanilla ACAD 2008

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jmctamney View Post
    I think I should have mentioned I'm running vanilla ACAD 2008
    You should still be able to find the file that Dan is showing, just in a different folder.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BrenBren View Post
    You should still be able to find the file that Dan is showing, just in a different folder.
    Nope. Did a search through the entire ACAD directory in Doc & Setting and Program files. It's obviously somewhere I'm just running out of places to look.

If I could get into the program I could see what it's doing. Maybe it's actually drawing it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jmctamney View Post
    Nope. Did a search through the entire ACAD directory in Doc & Setting and Program files. It's obviously somewhere I'm just running out of places to look.

If I could get into the program I could see what it's doing. Maybe it's actually drawing it.
    In that case, most likely the vertical is doing it differently than vanilla (wouldn't surprise me, a lot of these "tools" are in verticals before they are in vanilla)

Login to Give a bone

In that case, most likely the vertical is doing it differently than vanilla (wouldn't surprise me, a lot of these "tools" are in verticals before they are in vanilla)

I was just looking at this, thinking maybe it was a line type, but when I explode the dimension, it is just lines. I think AutoCAD is just modifying the dimension line. I'm not sure there is a way to change this.

Login to Give a bone

I found this in the help file:

The jog is made up of two parallel lines and a cross line that forms two 40-degree angles. The height of the jog is determined by the linear jog size value of the dimension style.

Once you add a jog to a linear dimension, you can position it by using grips. To reposition the jog, select the dimension and then select the grip. Move the grip to another point along the dimension line. You can also adjust the height of the jog symbol on a linear dimension on the Properties palette under Lines & Arrows.

However, when I exploded the dim line, and measured the angle of the lines, they are 52 degrees, not the 40 they are supposed to be.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I was just looking at this, thinking maybe it was a line type, but when I explode the dimension, it is just lines. I think AutoCAD is just modifying the dimension line. I'm not sure there is a way to change this.
    It's doing something funky. The actual break has a grip and you can slide it along the dimension. If I could only get into the program.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I found this in the help file:

The jog is made up of two parallel lines and a cross line that forms two 40-degree angles. The height of the jog is determined by the linear jog size value of the dimension style.

Once you add a jog to a linear dimension, you can position it by using grips. To reposition the jog, select the dimension and then select the grip. Move the grip to another point along the dimension line. You can also adjust the height of the jog symbol on a linear dimension on the Properties palette under Lines & Arrows.

However, when I exploded the dim line, and measured the angle of the lines, they are 52 degrees, not the 40 they are supposed to be.
    GENIUS!!!

Fridays are a little slow for you aren't they. I barely have time to keep tabs on my post. If it weren't for e-mail notification I'd never get any answers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast