Thread: Referenced Door Schedule

Login to Give a bone

Default Referenced Door Schedule

How do I remove doors from a schedule which references another drawing?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Referenced Door Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    How do I remove doors from a schedule which references another drawing?
    Two ways:

Use a layer filter. This requires that the doors you want to exclude from the schedule are on different layer(s) from the doors you want to include in the schedule, and that the layer naming is such that you can compose a wildcard string as a layer filter that will include only those you want. Layer filters are applied at the time of schedule creation or afterwards on the Design tab of the Properties palette.

Use classifications. Set up a Classification Definition or make use of an existing one. For door schedules, I generally create a new one, with two classifications: Schedule and NoSchedule. The latter is not required, but I like to be able to explicitly exclude a style by assigning NoSchedule, rather than, weeks or months later, wonder whether I meant to exclude an unclassified style, or merely overlooked it. Classifications are assigned to styles; you will need separate styles for the doors to be scheduled and the doors not to be scheduled. In 2007 and later, you can override the classification assigned at the style level for individual objects of that style, but unless you only have one or two instances that need to be overridden, having separate styles is probably the better way to go. The filter gets applied right in the Schedule Table Style, on the Applies To tab.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Referenced Door Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by dkoch View Post
    Two ways:

Use a layer filter. This requires that the doors you want to exclude from the schedule are on different layer(s) from the doors you want to include in the schedule, and that the layer naming is such that you can compose a wildcard string as a layer filter that will include only those you want. Layer filters are applied at the time of schedule creation or afterwards on the Design tab of the Properties palette.

Use classifications. Set up a Classification Definition or make use of an existing one. For door schedules, I generally create a new one, with two classifications: Schedule and NoSchedule. The latter is not required, but I like to be able to explicitly exclude a style by assigning NoSchedule, rather than, weeks or months later, wonder whether I meant to exclude an unclassified style, or merely overlooked it. Classifications are assigned to styles; you will need separate styles for the doors to be scheduled and the doors not to be scheduled. In 2007 and later, you can override the classification assigned at the style level for individual objects of that style, but unless you only have one or two instances that need to be overridden, having separate styles is probably the better way to go. The filter gets applied right in the Schedule Table Style, on the Applies To tab.
    Dave, you are a rock! Thanks buddy.