See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Missing room name on door and frame schedule

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Missing room name on door and frame schedule

We've got several rooms in which there is more than door or exit. I numbered these doors as "101A, 101B and 101C" but can only get one of them to correctly identify the room name associated with that door...

In some instances, I have an option for a pull down but others will not allow me to fill in the correct name - ie. there is no drop down option or if there is, my only choices are wrong room names.

Is there something I am missing. We definitely want the door numbers to reflect the room number, so our convention is adding the subletters.

thanks again

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Missing room name on door and frame schedule

Not sure I fully understand your problem....Doors don't really recognize the room number/name they open to/from to a certain extent. It depends on how they're inserted, but once inserted, there's no real connection. If a door swings from room 1 into room 2 at insertion time, that's what it will report. But if it is then flipped around with the flip arrows, those parameters will not update automatically, which is why I'm saying that doors don't really recognize the to/from. You can go to the schedule and manually switch between room 1 and 2. Is this what you're talking about?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

No. This occurs in one large room that has three exits, the only difference being that we have a room separation to delineate between a walkway area on either side of the large room (for area calculation purposes only). The three doors in the schedule have a drop down option to choose a room name, but no names show up and we cannot manually type a room name in the space provided.

In another instance there is no room separation used - it just won't give us a choice for room name...

Login to Give a bone

Hmmm, I don't really use that functionality much but when I experimented with it, I never saw that happen. Could you copy & paste the problematic rooms and doors into a file and post here?

Login to Give a bone

Sounds to me like there is not a properly enclosed room on either side of the wall that these doors are hosted by.
    Try turning on the Room...Interior Fill in the Visibility dialog. If the Room is not Enclosed, or if you have not placed a Room in this area, it won't turn blue.
    Since you mention the Room Separation lines - make sure that the Lines do not overlap the Walls. You'll be able to find any overlaps under Tools...Review Warnings .

Login to Give a bone

That's the only thing I can think of too, but I assumed that was not an issue...never make assumptions I guess

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I solved one problem so far. I removed the room separation lines between the main room and the adjacent corridor space so that the room defined the entire space, including the walls that had the "bad" doors.

I still have one door that refuses to cooperate and it is in a storefront and has a review warning. It states that there are duplicate tags, but only one door is shown. I've deleted and reinstalled the door and the same message appears.