Thread: Adding Crow's Feet to Labels

Login to Give a bone

Default Adding Crow's Feet to Labels

I'm trying to add crow's feet to labels and am having trouble. I think I need to add a line from the beginning to the end of the feature and attach the crow's feet to it, but I don't know how to do this.
    Any help?
    Thanks in advance.
    ASMcKee@ShowMeYourMaha.com

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Adding Crow's Feet to Labels

Quote Originally Posted by asmckee View Post
    I'm trying to add crow's feet to labels and am having trouble. I think I need to add a line from the beginning to the end of the feature and attach the crow's feet to it, but I don't know how to do this.
    Any help?
    Thanks in advance.
    ASMcKee@ShowMeYourMaha.com
    You shouldn't have to create a line. When you go to select the line, colinear lines should highlight as one line while hovering over one of the segments, and use the entire length when you click on it. Unless you hold down the CTRL key to do an individual segment.

Sometimes the label goes inside the parcel and shows the distance for only one segment instead of spanning. I have found that flipping the label to the other side caused it to display the overall length (at least so far, but I haven't labeled any complex layouts with C3D yet).

HTH

Login to Give a bone

Post Re: Adding Crow's Feet to Labels

I'm not sure which version of C3D you are using, but in 2007 what I have done is to convert the object into a parcel or parcel line and then open the Add Labels dialog box (found under the menu Parcels>Add Labels) and apply the label style called "(Span) Bearing over distance with crows feet".

This label style is only available in the "_Autodesk Civil 3D (Imperial (or Metric)) NCS Classic.dwt" or "_Autodesk Civil 3D (Imperial (or Metric)) NCS Extended.dwt" drawing templates.

If you did not start your drawing using one of these templates, don't worry, It is extremely easy to import the lable (and other) styles. Just open a new drawing using one of those two drawing templates, save that drawing to your desktop or any other easy to access area (use whatever name you wish). Go back to your original drawing and insert the new drawing as a block (you can either drag-and-drop it into your original drawing from the desktop (or from wherever you saved it) or use the INSERT command and Browse to the location. Either way you will automatically import all of the styles from that drawing.