Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Byblock property

Login to Give a bone

Default Byblock property

I have a layer which lineweight is set to 0.5mm.
    I have put two blocks to it. One is made of elements on layer 0 and with lineweight property BYLAYER, second is made of elements on layer 0 and with linweight property BYBLOCK. Both blocks have lineweight property BYLAYER.
    Both blocks are displayed with wide lines on the screen, but only that with BYLAYER elements is ploted correctly. Is it normal? Logicaly i would expect the plotting according i see it on the screen. Wat could be the problem?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Byblock property

Quote Originally Posted by peter.sedlacek View Post
    I have put two blocks to it. One is made of elements on layer 0 and with lineweight property BYLAYER, second is made of elements on layer 0 and with linweight property BYBLOCK. Both blocks have lineweight property BYLAYER.
    Both blocks are displayed with wide lines on the screen, but only that with BYLAYER elements is ploted correctly. Is it normal? Logicaly i would expect the plotting according i see it on the screen. Wat could be the problem?
    I think you need to change the lineweight that's set to ByBlock to ByLayer to fix this problem.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    I think you need to change the lineweight that's set to ByBlock to ByLayer to fix this problem.
    Byblock property is useful for my workflow. I expected, that if blocks property is bylayer, entities inside block set to Byblock take the property Bylayer, but it is obviously not true.
    Isn't it illogical?

Login to Give a bone

Ok, now that I had a chance to re-read your original post again, let me ask you some questions:
    How are you plotting your drawing? With color tables (CTB), style tables (STB) or line weights assigned per layer (with maybe monochrome.ctb)?

If you're using color (CTB), that may be overriding the line weight you have assigned to the layer, or the line in the block that is ByBlock when you plot.

Maybe you could post an example with a these two blocks?

Login to Give a bone

Ok, now that I had a chance to re-read your original post again, let me ask you some questions:
    How are you plotting your drawing? With color tables (CTB), style tables (STB) or line weights assigned per layer (with maybe monochrome.ctb)?

If you're using color (CTB), that may be overriding the line weight you have assigned to the layer, or the line in the block that is ByBlock when you plot.

Maybe you could post an example with a these two blocks?
    I use plotstyles with lineweight set to USE OBJECT LWT. here are examples:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I use plotstyles with lineweight set to USE OBJECT LWT. here are examples:
    I think I figured it out. I checked the properties of the line your "Block02" and the "Plot Style" was set to ByBlock, I set that to ByLayer and it plots correctly while maintaining the line weight being ByBlock.

See attached plotted PDF and drawing, I created a couple more layers to test.

Login to Give a bone

I think I figured it out. I checked the properties of the line your "Block02" and the "Plot Style" was set to ByBlock, I set that to ByLayer and it plots correctly while maintaining the line weight being ByBlock.

See attached plotted PDF and drawing, I created a couple more layers to test.
    Thanks, i tried to plot your drawing with the same plotstyle and plot is different.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Thanks, i tried to plot your drawing with the same plotstyle and plot is different.
    Gee, I don't know.
    I tested it again on my end, tried plotting it to a printer as well, it prints fine.
    I used your .stb file too.

The line weights appear correctly on the screen and they plot fine too (per layer).

Did you try "print preview"?
    Do the line weights appear correct on the preview?

Login to Give a bone

Gee, I don't know.
    I tested it again on my end, tried plotting it to a printer as well, it prints fine.
    I used your .stb file too.

The line weights appear correctly on the screen and they plot fine too (per layer).

Did you try "print preview"?
    Do the line weights appear correct on the preview?

Yes, i tried, in plot preview it looks not correctly. either on printer or in pdf.

Login to Give a bone

The elements inside the block that are "BYBLOCK" will take the assigend property of "The BLOCK". Select your block and assign the correct pen width manually from the "Pen Width" pull down menu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast