See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the most obscure, least known command that you know and will share?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What's the most obscure, least known command that you know and will share?

I figured this idea was better known, but no one in the office remembers it.

On the Trim & Extend commands, hit Enter to make everything a cutting edge.

Also, if you have Raster Design loaded, go into the RD properties & check to see if Shift + Left click is highlighted. If it is, you lose the function of the switch between Shift Trim & Shift Extend.
    Give people a job worth doing, the tools to do it, recognition of a job well done & get out of the way.

All AUGI, all the time SRBalliet's Avatar
    Near Christiansburg, VA Looking for a closer job!
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What's the most obscure, least known command that you know and will share?

Quote Originally Posted by drafter29 View Post

Also while in the trim command, holding the SHIFT key down, shifts it to the EXTEND, and vise versa.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by drafter29 View Post

Also, if you have Raster Design loaded, go into the RD properties & check to see if Shift + Left click is highlighted. If it is, you lose the function of the switch between Shift Trim & Shift Extend.
    I use that all the time! Be carefull if you have a block with a lot of detail, though. On some sites, my building block shows a lot of detail (I really need to change that now that I'm thinking about it). If you try to turn everything into a cutting edge, you'll be waiting a while!!! The work around is to either NOT make everything a cutting edge, or to zoom in so that the block is off screen.

Don't forget that if you are trimming like that, you can hold the shift key to make it extend, and if your are extending, you can hold the shift key to make it trim. So if you have to do both, you need only use one command.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by SRBalliet View Post
    Also while in the trim command, holding the SHIFT key down, shifts it to the EXTEND, and vise versa.
    Yeah, but some verticals like Raster Design have options that turn that off, so if there is a problem with it, check the settings of the verticals. RD has an option that if selected, allows you to hold SHIFT & select the image. That option turns off the Shift Extend & Trim feature.
    Give people a job worth doing, the tools to do it, recognition of a job well done & get out of the way.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

A new one I've recently learned.....

Don't you hate it when you get through typing a note only to find out you have caps lock off? Not to worry. Hight all your text or just hit CTRL "A", then once highlighted...

CTRL+SHIFT+U

Presto, all caps.

I know you can use Tcase but this is much better on the fly.

All AUGI, all the time Richard.Kent's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

You can also get to the CTRL+SHIFT+U using the RMB while in the mtext editor. In case you forget the key sequence, RMB will get you there.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Richard.Kent View Post
    You can also get to the CTRL+SHIFT+U using the RMB while in the mtext editor. In case you forget the key sequence, RMB will get you there.
    Forgive my ignorance.......RMB?

All AUGI, all the time Richard.Kent's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jmctamney View Post
    Forgive my ignorance.......RMB?
    Sorry, I thought everyone knew that one by now, Right Mouse Button.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    ^^ That still works?
    I thought of another one:
    MULTIPLE
    Type this (and hit enter) before a command, and it will repeat the command until you cancel out of it.
    MT is the shortcut, and it also works with toolpalette tools if invoked prior to button selection.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Richard.Kent View Post
    Sorry, I thought everyone knew that one by now, Right Mouse Button.
    Sorry, I'm old school. I haven't caught on the all the forum acronyms yet.

You know, know as I'm looking at it, I never noticed the shortcut keys for it. It's been in front of my face all along.

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast