Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Reverse the order of the plot set using the Publish command

Login to Give a bone

Default Can't Reverse the order of the plot set using the Publish command

Why will my "publish in reverse order" not work? I've seen a couple of threads about it, but no real answers. Anyone know anything? Even if I open the publish dialogue box, I can't select it. When I try to select it from the right click menu in my sheet sets, it doesn't do anything.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can't Reverse the order of the plot set using the Publish command

If you have good naming practices you should be able to click on the "sheet name" heading at the top and that will filp the order just like window explorer. Also be sure that you don't have the dwf file picked. You have to have the "named plotter in page set-up" checked. Outside of that I haven't had a problem ever using the little button to "flip" the prirt order.
    Just some thoughts.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    If you have good naming practices you should be able to click on the "sheet name" heading at the top and that will filp the order just like window explorer. Also be sure that you don't have the dwf file picked. You have to have the "named plotter in page set-up" checked. Outside of that I haven't had a problem ever using the little button to "flip" the prirt order.
    Just some thoughts.
    I believe I have good naming practices. And I have named plotter set. It still won't let me plot in reverse order. That is a major pain in the butt. I don't want to have to put them in order by hand.
    What "sheet name" heading are you talking about? I've clicked on everything, and nothing is reversing the order. Can you send me a screen shot of it?

Login to Give a bone

I've attached a few jpegs with before and after.
    It won't print in reverse order, but it will reverse the order of the sheets.
    I'm wondering if this is just a problem with 08 products (which I don't have).
    Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Since this might be related directly to AutoCAD, would you like this to be moved to the AutoCAD Plotting forum?
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Bennett View Post
    Since this might be related directly to AutoCAD, would you like this to be moved to the AutoCAD Plotting forum?
    Sure! I thought there was a plotting forum, but I was looking in ACA for it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    Sure! I thought there was a plotting forum, but I was looking in ACA for it.
    Per your request I've moved your thread to the Autocad Plotting forum.

Login to Give a bone

I've attached a few jpegs with before and after.
    It won't print in reverse order, but it will reverse the order of the sheets.
    I'm wondering if this is just a problem with 08 products (which I don't have).
    Hope this helps.
    Oh, in the publish dialogue. I thought you meant in the PN. Yeah, I can get them to show a different order. Problem is, for example, my architectural sheets have an A as the first letter. My site has a C (for civil). Once I hit the sheet name tab, it puts it in alphabetical order (forward or reverse), so my C sheet is in the middle instead of the second sheet. Same goes with my cover sheet (it starts with a G for general). I guess I could manually put the jobs where they need to go, but it sure would be nice to have the darn reverse button work! I wonder why it doesn't work with PN?

*edit* I just tried to type publish on an older set of drawings (without using PN) and it works. It must be a PN thing.

Login to Give a bone

Per your request I've moved your thread to the Autocad Plotting forum.
    Can you change the title to something that includes the problem of reversing the order, instead of just "publishing"? Bad wording on my part.

Login to Give a bone

I figured out a work around. I have my default set to "plotter named in page setup". I still can't just right click and choose "publish in reverse order". I have to open the publish dialogue, let it load, click dwf, then click "plotter named in page setup" again, then the reverse order button is available. Better than doing it manually I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast