Thread: Unknown Command Endpoint, Midpoint Etc.

Login to Give a bone

Angry Unknown Command Endpoint, Midpoint Etc.

I am currently running Landdesktop 2005 and 2008. I use my middle scroll button for snaping to endpoints, midpoints, intersections, etc. However, for some reason the commands are now "Unknown", in both versions. It started in 2005 version. I've been working in 2008 all day today (first full day) and they just quit working also.

I've looked for any kind of information to help me fix this but I can't find anything. Does anyone have any ideas? The command is unknown when I try to use my mouse and when I type the commands in.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Stacie

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unknown Command Endpoint, Midpoint Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stacie.61594 View Post
    I am currently running Landdesktop 2005 and 2008. I use my middle scroll button for snaping to endpoints, midpoints, intersections, etc. However, for some reason the commands are now "Unknown", in both versions. It started in 2005 version. I've been working in 2008 all day today (first full day) and they just quit working also.

I've looked for any kind of information to help me fix this but I can't find anything. Does anyone have any ideas? The command is unknown when I try to use my mouse and when I type the commands in.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Stacie
    Hi Stacie,

Are you are in the middle of a command where you are prompted to select a point when you invoke the osnaps? Any time a snap is invoked when a command is not active, it will return an unknown command error. Try executing something like the LINE command, then see if the snaps work properly.

Login to Give a bone

Yes, it is happening whenever I am in the middle of a command such as the Line command. I've tried a handful of commands but I get the same response.

Login to Give a bone

Yes, it is happening whenever I am in the middle of a command such as the Line command. I've tried a handful of commands but I get the same response.
    Hi Stacie,

You say:
    ~snip~ The command is unknown when I try to use my mouse and when I type the commands in.~snip~
    Is that when you type a command like line in, or when you type in the snaps, like "endpoint"

In the macros you are using for snaps on the buttons or whatever, is there a ^c^c at the beginning of the macros? If so, remove that portion.

Login to Give a bone

It happens when I am inside the line command and then I ask it to attach to an endpoint or midpoint etc.

I am only using default Cad commands. I have not written any of my own commands.

Does this answer your question?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

It happens when I am inside the line command and then I ask it to attach to an endpoint or midpoint etc.

I am only using default Cad commands. I have not written any of my own commands.

Does this answer your question?
    dude i gota solution make sure to execute line command do not forget to escape line command...that definitely worked cheers..do not be panic..chill dude..this my email address gomax1990@gmail.com if any issue for regarding this problem do email.. its definitely work...

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Unknown Command Endpoint, Midpoint Etc.

I use my middle scroll button for snaping to endpoints, midpoints, intersections, etc.
    Are you using Shift+Middle Button?
    Or just the plain middle button?

If the latter, then what is the middle button doing by itself now that the object snap menu is not showing?
    If it's giving you the "PAN" hand... panhnad.png ....then type in MBUTTONPAN and set it to 0 (zero).
    This should restore the object snap menu to the middle button.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |