Thread: Spell Check for inventor 08

Login to Give a bone

Default Spell Check for inventor 08

How do I get spell check to work in 2008?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Spell Check for inventor 08

The spell check function is part of the SDK (software development kit). It's kind of an un-supported add-on that isn't installed unless you install it. There is actually a wealth of programming added to Inventor to increase functionality... you just have to take 10 minutes and install all these neat pieces...

The spell check specifically is part of the GENERAL TOOLS add-on. To find it, install the general tools SDK...

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2008\SDK\Tools\Users\

In that directory you can find all sorts of goodies... look at this post for info on all of them and their function. This post is actually just a post that contains all the read-me files that each SDK add-on has with it, so it's a nice place to look and see them all laid out.

At the moment, I'm having trouble in Vista getting my spell check to work (new machine here at work and haven't even installed the add-ons until now). I haven't restarted, but the error thrown at the Autodesk server returns a service pack 2 download as a suggested solution... so a restart and a service pack may be all I need... we'll find out shortly...

hope this helps you out!

Login to Give a bone

Update on my Vista problem for those of you following along...

Seems word 2k7 isn't friendly to being opened and closed each time this spell check occurs... it takes a long time or will crash out Inventor. My work around is to open word and leave it in the background.... it stays hidden and will clean all your words correctly.

I have a feeling this will be the case for anyone with Office 2k7 trying the spell check tool...

Others who have 2k7 should try it and let me know!

Login to Give a bone

Thanks, Yes, I found that if you keep word running in the background it works.