Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Door Schedule Format - Double and Triple

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Door Schedule Format - Double and Triple

There must be a better way.

We prefer (2) 3'-0" and could also use 2 @ 3'-0". I cannot come up with an elegant solution for either and am not thrilled about my current approach. Graphically, it leaves a great deal to be desired.

The clip is my current method to get the door schedule to appear the way we prefer without a lot of manual editing and insuring all the dimension and panel information is not open to user error.

I created parameters used in a "circular" formula all derived from the OOTB width parameter. The attached clip demonstrates my method. Everything works perfectly but it looks ridiculous. I am aware I can create a "Schedule Width" parameter and manually enter (2) @ 3'-0" but that really defeats the goal of avoiding double-editing and leaving room for User Error, creating yet one more step when adding a Family Type. It would seem logical that some sort of expression builder or VBA syntax might work but I cannot figure out how. Ideally, I would like one column for width that would return the Panel Width only if the Panel Quantity were 1 and would return the Panel Quantity plus the @ symbol plus the Panel Width if the quantity were more than 1. Or parentheses on either side of the Panel Quantity, a space, and the Panel Width.

Has anyone figured a way to do this? I would doubt I am the first to ask but I was unable to find something with my search syntax.

Thanks in advance,
    PBR

Added comment: This also creates a problem with scheduling doors that reside in a curtain wall. I have no clue how to do this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by phyllisr; 2006-01-02 at 09:10 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door Schedule Format - Double and Triple

I don't believe you can remove individual lines, its all or none. Rather than having two separate parameters for the number of panels and the @ symbol, why not just include them in one... That will get rid of one of the lines.

We typically use uneven doors and as such our sizes need to read:

2040x820x40+470x40 or typical. We have to resort to using a type parameter in this instance that is just entered in as text. We can't use the type name as there are often a few different versions of a doors of a similar size. I agree there needs to be a method of coding schedule information.

The only solution currently would be to export to excel or access and edit it there, problem being you would then need to either import it back in as a jpg or use it separately and be sure to update it systematically.

HTH.
    Chris Price
    Co-Founder/BIM Manager/Product Designer
    Xrev Pty Ltd

Revit Rants BLOG

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spot
    We typically use uneven doors and as such our sizes need to read:
    Years ago when hand-drafting, our firm used 2 @ 1'-0" / 2'-0". We have accepted the ADT method 1'-0" (2'-0") just because it is what it is. This is also not so easy to do in Revit parametrically. Does this mean you assume I am out of luck with my formula property idea and there is no syntax that would allow me to add text in a formula with an expression builder?

Thanks,
    PBR

Login to Give a bone

Out of luck. Which is why vbscript is needed within formulas...
    Last edited by aaronrumple; 2006-01-02 at 09:24 PM.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by aaronrumple
    Out of luck. Which is why vbscript is needed withing formulas...
    Have you done anything similar with a VBA formula?

Login to Give a bone

My workaround is to not use the width and height parameters at all, but to name the door (2)3'-0" x 7'-0". Very simple and works for me. Not parametric though. I've been asking about this since release 2.0 and never seen any fix. it gets worse when you start making families over the years and some you have a parameter for panel width but some are stock doors so you have to modify them and add the parameter... Doors need to be reworked and figured out how to schedule like the industry schedules them
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

All AUGI, all the time janunson's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

been a long standing wish of mine for more formatting in tables, and text formulas for parameters... either of these would solve your problem, but neither is currently available.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I use a shared parameter called "Number of Leafs" for my doors. When I build my nested door families I fill in the parameter in the family and when it loads into the project it is updated in the schedule. Unfortunately, when you have a single-leaf door, the 1 shows up in the column - which I do not like. It is not a clean method because now you have an additional, and unnecessary, column in the schedule. It does not address the issue of the uneven leaf sizes, but we steer away from those most of the time so we have not persued a way to deal with them. This method seems to work so far internally, but we will see when the project goes to bid in a couple months.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Thank you all. Stay tuned for a future post. We are going to tackle this with VBA and I will share if we get it to work as we wish. Fortunately, my boss is very skilled and will help me with this one. I am still at the VBA for Absolute Beginners stage.

PBR

1/6/06
    Work-arounds it is. I give up. VBScript in formulas is now the top of my personal wish list. Well, maybe not the top...
    Last edited by phyllisr; 2006-01-06 at 07:20 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Just wanted to know if there has been any resolution or updates to any of the recent Revit releases that allows door schedules to read in such a manner?

I know this was a pretty old post, but does anyone have a solution to this matter?

We would like our door schedule to read (2) 3'-0" x 7'-0" x 1 3/4" for double doors and
    3'-0" x 7'-0" x 1 3/4" for single doors...

Can this now be done?

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast