Thread: issues! dynamic blocks with attributes.

Login to Give a bone

Question issues! dynamic blocks with attributes.

I'm trying to make an entire client block library into dynamic blocks but i'm running into issues with the attributes in these blocks. i have 11 items in one dynamic block, and each item has an attribute associated with it. i make each attribute different and it all works in the block editor, but then i insert the main block into a drawing and most of the attributes don't show up or the right attribute isn't associated with the right item.

i'm also trying to put an array in the block, so that i can have a line of the same block beside eachother. when i do this tho, only the first block has the attribute.

is what i'm doing just impossible? do attributes just not work well with dynamic blocks? i'm really frustrated with this and i've wasted a lot of time messing around with this... Help!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: issues! dynamic blocks with attributes.

you can't array attributes, acad doesn't like duplicated attributes in blocks.

as for the attributes themselves, are they associated with the proper vis states?

otherwise DB's are great with attributes that arent duplicates.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

damn. thats what i was afraid of. silly attributes!
    and yea, i made and remade these blocks this morning trying different options with the vis states... like, i defined all the attributes prior to defining a vis state, then went thru one at a time and selected each state and the objects visible and invisible on it... when that didn't work, i defined the vis states first for all the objects and then in each vis state i made the new attribute... neither worked. it's so touchy.
    and even when i get the attribute to work properly with the vis states, i still can't treat it like an avg attribute. like, can't move it around without adding another parameter to the text, etc. etc. *sigh* i guess i'm just S.O.L.! hehe

Login to Give a bone

actually, if the attributes don't need to be affected by actions (i.e.: the block doesn't rotate and/or need the att's to follow) i just don't use the "lock" feature and move the attribute around using it's grip like in the olden days...
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum