Thread: 3ds MAX 2008 - Remodel Project Pre-Viz

Login to Give a bone

Default 3ds MAX 2008 - Remodel Project Pre-Viz

Well, I have a project ahead of me in my Condo. I built a model of my Condo in AutoCAD Architecture and imported it into 3ds MAX for some Pre-Viz work. I plan to finish out my media niche and wanted to see some different possibilities. Some of what I've already done is detailed in this thread.

In the 2 attached images I used the mr engine for materials, lighting and rendering. For the curious I used a medium setting for render quality. In the TV Current Nite image I have 2 light sources (spotlights) as I would have in the existing recessed lights, plus the TV screen was set to use a self-illumination channel. The image TV Nite 03 has two additional lights behind the camera - rendered at a low quality for testing.

In the TV Flush Nite image Its the same minus one spot light but with recessed bar lights behind the TV. These lights are adding artificial illumination to the cubbie holes below the TV and around the flush out of the TV - something which I do not desire but haven't had the time to try and troubleshoot. If anyone has any ideas of why those lights are doing that I'd be great full for some advice!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM