Thread: How to create mvparts

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default How to create mvparts

I put together a quick guide on how to create these mvparts since I was getting a lot of questions about it. If you have specfic questions about it let me know...

http://www.geniusoftllc.com/mvparts/create.asp

-Buzz

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to create mvparts

Hi Buzz

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AMEP 2008 General forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Thanks, Scott Telthorst

Forum Moderator
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hey Buzz,

So I finally got around to making some block-based MvParts (2 custom Air Handlers). I created each one in its own drawing, defined them as blocks, and used the Content Builder to turn them into MvParts. Everything worked fine (connections, layer key, etc..), but here's my problem: In the drawing I placed the AHUs units into, if I freeze layer 0, they'll disappear, even though they're placed on the M-Eqpm-Ahu layer. I even went into their display properties, and changed the Plan view representations to display on M-Eqpm-Ahu instead of 0, but that didn't do the trick. I'm assuming this may be happening since I originally drew the blocks on Layer 0, but I'm not sure.

Do you know of any way to fix this? Other than not freezing layer 0, or not having to go back and re-draw the equipment on M-Eqpm-Ahu?

Thanks,
    -Brad

(Scott, sorry if this shouldn't be posted here, but it seemed to be the most relevant place for my question.)

Login to Give a bone

Freezing layer 0 is a bad thing in ACA, and I assume that carries over to AMEP. Freezing layer 0 makes Multi-View Blocks behave badly, and while I understand that Multi-View Parts are a different object, they may share some base code that would generate the same issues when layer 0 is frozen.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks David, I'm beginning to find that out as well.

I tried creating the parts again, this time drawing them on the M-Eqpm-Ahu layer, but when I went to add connections when creating the MvPart, the object would completely disappear, and I couldn't re-locate my connections.

I then tried, after creating the MvPart, to go back to the block definition and move the objects to the Ahu layer, but it would still hide the part when layer 0 was frozen.

I guess we'll just have to get into the practice of not having anything on layer 0, so that it can remain thawed.

-Brad