Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appload won't load

Login to Give a bone

Default Appload won't load

I have a confession. I have managed to disable the appload program in the last three versions of Autocad but never needed it because I could load autolisp applications through the command line. Well, I really should fix it, but don't know how. At what point is it loaded? Could it be my customization is cutting it off somehow? I know nothing of dll and arx programs or how they are loaded. I have uploaded my acad2010.lsp and acad2010doc.lsp startup programs.

Beth
    Acad 2010, windows xp
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Appload won't load

For starters, you should be using "acad.lsp" and "acaddoc.lsp" (create if necessary), and leaving the acadnnnn/acadnnnndoc.lsp files alone.

Check your ObjectARX demand load settings under the "Open and Save" tab of the config dialog.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Also check that your registry has not been altered. E.g. check the following keys / folders:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R1#.#\ACAD-####:###\Applications\AcadAppload
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R##.#\ACAD-####:###\Applications\AcadAppload
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R##.#\ACAD-####:##\Profiles\#######\Dialogs\ApploadStartUpDlg
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R##.#\ACAD-####:##\Profiles\#######\Dialogs\Appload
    Otherwise you could also have undefined the command. Try REDEFINE and then add AppLoad into the prompt. See if it now works, is there any message in the command line?

I'd definitely also advise to use the user loading Lisps instead of the ADesk(only) lisps which you've attached. The major reason behind this is that any update/upgrade could (and usually would) overwrite those files with whatever ADesk's made in the defaults. Thus you would loose any of your customization code.

The ACAD.LSP and ACADDOC.LSP is specifically meant for the user to add their own custom code. It's ensured that ADesk wont mess with these in any event. Not so with the ACAD20##.LSP and ACADDOC20##.LSP - these are deemed the "playground" of ADesk and could thus be changed at any time.

Another reason is that these files could be in any folder on your support path, thus making it easier to organize your customizations into your own folders. In this case it's even nicer to use a MNL file for your CUI ... but that's up to you.

Login to Give a bone

So, to address the acad2010.lsp/acad2010doc.lsp issue: Do I rename those which I have uploaded to acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp and then restore the original acad2010.lsp/acad2010doc.lsp shipped with the program?

Regarding the registry issues. I have no experience in changing registry, so a short how-to would help (windows xp).

Thanks
    Beth

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Yes, but not quite. The idea is that you have the acad20## (et al) as per the DVD / latest update. Only the stuff you added should be inside the acad.lsp & acaddoc.lsp.

For the registry, open the registry editor (Start --> Run... type REGEDIT & click OK). Browse to the folder(s) as noted. Make a backup of that particular folder, right-click on it & select Export (save to a reg file of your choice) - you can later double click on it to restore the values if there's a stuff-up. Double click the various values on the right-side pane to edit them. Not sure how this would affect the appload, so you'd probably need some trial-n-error (thus the backup is very important).

Have you by change redefined the appload command somewhere else? It seems as if a lisp gets loaded, there's a line (369) in your ACAD2010.LSP file:
    Code:
    (autoload "appload" '("appload" "appload"))
    Although it may just load the appload.arx as it should, but my 2008's not got anything like that in its files.

To check if it's redefined through lisp, type !c:appload at the command prompt ... if it returns anything else than nil, it's been redefined.

Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Appload won't load

Quote Originally Posted by bboss View Post
    So, to address the acad2010.lsp/acad2010doc.lsp issue: Do I rename those which I have uploaded to acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp and then restore the original acad2010.lsp/acad2010doc.lsp shipped with the program?
    "acad2xxx.lsp" and "acad2xxxdoc.lsp" are "owned" by AutoCAD. A reinstall, service pack, bonus pack, repair, etc. could overwrite these files. IOW, Autodesk uses these files for *their* purposes. If you append your code, it's subject to being lost.

On the other hand, "acaddoc.lsp" and "acad.lsp" are "owned" by the user. You can put whatever you like in here and AutoCAD will never touch it. These files work in any version too, so when you upgrade, you just add the path they are stored in and move on....
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I abandoned the use of Appload long ago and just named my startup file the same as my custom MNU (or CUI) and changed the filetype from LSP to MNL. Loads every time.

AlanThompson.MNU (custom menus, accelerator keys, etc.)
    AlanThompson.MNL (loads all my custom routines, settings, etc.)

Login to Give a bone

As it turns out I had redefined the appload command in the acad2010.lsp. Good eye. It works now.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bboss View Post
    As it turns out I had redefined the appload command in the acad2010.lsp. Good eye. It works now.
    What should be taken from this is that the acad####.lsp and acad####doc.lsp should NEVER be altered.

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Appload won't load

Quote Originally Posted by alanjt View Post
    What should be taken from this is that the acad####.lsp and acad####doc.lsp should NEVER be altered.
    Or that if you do, don't cry when it breaks
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast