See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Blyth Road

Login to Give a bone

Default Blyth Road

This room may look familiar to some if you've attended any adsk webcasts in the last year or so. While I didn't create the model, I did download the furniture and create many of the materials and also setup the lighting and render setting for mr. I've been using this to play around with certain "features" in Max Design 2009...

Had to zip it as its a rather large png file. Render time was about 1hr 4mins on my intel core 2 @2.16ghz laptop. That of course is due to cranked settings for best results and a large size to see everything in the scene. Its not much but its the first time I've really had a chance to push mr and see what I can do with it. I'd love to answer any questions if they are out there (provided I won't break nda).

I was also beginning to wonder if I was going to get around to posting this today or not. the morning was spent battling bsod's and check disk time lag and the rest of the day was sucked up with life.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Design Visualization Moderator stusic's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Blyth Road

that's really nice! what's up with the tree outside? it looks over-saturated...

Login to Give a bone

Well, its one of the ootb trees that come with max and probably using the wrong materials. I just threw it in for the hellofit...

Design Visualization Moderator stusic's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Ah, I see.. makes sense. I like how the white outside environment; intentional or not, it looks more realistic that way -- with a proper exposure indoors, it'll blow out the bright outside (unless of course, it's an HDR image). I noticed the reflection of the tree on the table too. This is a great piece Steve!

Login to Give a bone

Thanks! I had a lot of fun with it.

I could stop if I wanted to dellis's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Steve,

What are your image sampling settings? In noticed there a couple of thing getting cut off. OOPS...great image by the way....should have started with that!

Also...if you guys want a really great way to add specualr bloom...put a Glare(Lume) shader in the Output slot for Camera Shaders. Adds a really, really nice effect.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Very slick, indeed! Did you happen to use the MR portal? I agree with the "blown-out" exterior comments too. Exposure is one of those subtleties that I happen to dig (even if the architects want to see kids playing with balloons outside ). A little "love glow" (bloom) would be a nice touch...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dellis View Post
    Steve,

What are your image sampling settings? In noticed there a couple of thing getting cut off. OOPS...great image by the way....should have started with that!

Also...if you guys want a really great way to add specular bloom...put a Glare(Lume) shader in the Output slot for Camera Shaders. Adds a really, really nice effect.
    I will give the glare a try when I go to bed tonight to see how that works out in addition to dropping the tree (yuck). I used a sampling of 4 min/16max.

Quote Originally Posted by loydg View Post
    Very slick, indeed! Did you happen to use the MR portal? I agree with the "blown-out" exterior comments too. Exposure is one of those subtleties that I happen to dig (even if the architects want to see kids playing with balloons outside ). A little "love glow" (bloom) would be a nice touch...
    Yes, I used a mr daylight system with a single mr sky portal. I realized that just this past week when doing a model of our office front lobby. When I looked at the picture the window had been all washed out and I couldn't see anything outside.

Now that I look at it the colors do seem a bit flat...

Thanks for taking a look guys!

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Blyth Road

Alright, this has been fun guys and I think this pic will have to be the last one on this test!

Being a perfectionist and one to not let things rest, I wish I had turned the glare down a bit, changed some colors and added some other items a tad and made the room warmer and...

oi. I can't stop!!!

Thanks for the pointers and helpers guys! Its much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images