See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: trim to apparent intersection?

Login to Give a bone

Default trim to apparent intersection?

I'm Running Architecture 2008 and I had a pretty nasty crash a few days ago. Since then AutoCAD has been trimming to the "apparent intersection" instead of the actual intersections when I don't specify a particular "cutting edge". is this a system setting gone whacky? What can I do to correct this short of reinstalling?

The second topic is unrelated to the crash, but where is the system setting to control the tool palette flyout time duration? I do sometimes wander over too far accidentally have to stop work while I wait for the xref flyout palette to return. It might only be a second, but it can be very disruptive.

Thanks

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: trim to apparent intersection?

Quote Originally Posted by ******_registrations View Post
    I'm Running Architecture 2008 and I had a pretty nasty crash a few days ago. Since then AutoCAD has been trimming to the "apparent intersection" instead of the actual intersections when I don't specify a particular "cutting edge". is this a system setting gone whacky? What can I do to correct this short of reinstalling?
    Are the objects all at the same Z height?

The second topic is unrelated to the crash, but where is the system setting to control the tool palette flyout time duration? I do sometimes wander over too far accidentally have to stop work while I wait for the xref flyout palette to return. It might only be a second, but it can be very disruptive.

Thanks
    This may be worth a look to adjust the roll out speeds.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks
    Check the EDGE setting in the trim/extend command. It sounds like it's set to extend

And, no, there is no tool in AutoCAD to control that, but I think someone posted a tool that helps with that. If I find it, I'll post it here - unless of course Steve finds it first and posts it before I do

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BrenBren View Post
    And, no, there is no tool in AutoCAD to control that, but I think someone posted a tool that helps with that. If I find it, I'll post it here - unless of course Steve finds it first and posts it before I do
    I already did Via the link above.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by H'Angus View Post
    I already did Via the link above.
    Yea, I know...

I responded, saw your link, edited my message to include that you found it..

eh, nevermind

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the responses.

About the trimming issue, all I have is simple linework, lines, polylines, arcs all at Z=0. No splines, solids, etc. It's driving me nuts, there are things that are supposed to be trimming/ extending out of view and of course they're not. This is taking me more time proofing and reviewing than I should be spending.

About the palette rollout/ rollup, that looks like an interesting add-on, but it doesn't look like it affects the xref palette/ tray/ thing (which is the on that seems to take the longest and bothers me most). There's got to be a native setting for this, isn't there one?

Thanks again.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the responses.

About the trimming issue, all I have is simple linework, lines, polylines, arcs all at Z=0. No splines, solids, etc. It's driving me nuts, there are things that are supposed to be trimming/ extending out of view and of course they're not. This is taking me more time proofing and reviewing than I should be spending.

About the palette rollout/ rollup, that looks like an interesting add-on, but it doesn't look like it affects the xref palette/ tray/ thing (which is the on that seems to take the longest and bothers me most). There's got to be a native setting for this, isn't there one?

Thanks again.
    Did you see my comment about checking the settings in your trim/extend command to see if the EDGE is set to Extend or not? I think that will solve your problem.

This is also found under the EDGEMODE system variable

Type: Integer
    Saved in: Registry
    Initial value: 0

Controls how the TRIM and EXTEND commands determine cutting and boundary edges.
    0 Uses the selected edge without an extensions
    1 Extends or trims the selected object to an imaginary extension of the cutting or boundary edge

And, as far as the variable for controlling roll out times, unless it's added in 09, there is not one as far as I know.

Login to Give a bone

BrenBren,

sorry, I neglected to respond about EDGE.

edgemode = 0; Brilliant!

thanks much!

Login to Give a bone

BrenBren,

sorry, I neglected to respond about EDGE.

edgemode = 0; Brilliant!

thanks much!
    Glad it worked

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

how to two 3dpoly trim to apparent intersection