Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UCS Permanently OFF

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default UCS Permanently OFF

I have searched the system variables but haven't found what I am looking for. I am wanting to turn the UCS permanently off. When I open a drawing I go to View and turn it off, but it gets old doing that everytime I open a drawing. Then when I close the drawing and re open it is back. Is there a way to instead have it always off, but let me turn it on when I need it. Thanks in advance!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: UCS Permanently OFF

Quote Originally Posted by j.shields View Post
    I have searched the system variables but haven't found what I am looking for. I am wanting to turn the UCS permanently off. When I open a drawing I go to View and turn it off, but it gets old doing that everytime I open a drawing. Then when I close the drawing and re open it is back. Is there a way to instead have it always off, but let me turn it on when I need it. Thanks in advance!
    You can have that variable set in an "Acaddoc.lsp", which will set that every time you open a drawing.
    (SETVAR "UCSICON" 0)

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    You can have that variable set in an "Acaddoc.lsp", which will set that every time you open a drawing.
    (SETVAR "UCSICON" 0)
    But would you have to be familiar with writing lisp routines to do that?

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

(SETVAR "UCSICON" 0)
    that doesnt quite sound like the problem, if you change it off in the drawing and then save and exit, then reopen the same drawing, it should stay off, maybe there is a routine turning it back on everytime you open a drawing

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ccowgill View Post
    that doesnt quite sound like the problem, if you change it off in the drawing and then save and exit, then reopen the same drawing, it should stay off, maybe there is a routine turning it back on everytime you open a drawing
    I take it back, if I save with it being off it will not be on when I re-open. I thought it did, but I still would like to know if there is a variable to always have it off.

Login to Give a bone

(SETVAR "UCSICON" 0)
    I took a .lsp in the support folder and copied it with a new name, then put in the (SETVAR "UCSICON" 0) and it worked somewhat. It turned off the UCS in the layout I that defaulted to come open, but the UCS was still there in the model. So it looks like it turns it off in the Layout/Model that opens but that is it. So I am wondering if there is a system variable for it to always be off.

But I did find that useful for other things. What would be the code if a variable has the options 0, 1, and 2? I made one for IMAGEFRAME to be 0 by default but it didn't work on that one.

Login to Give a bone

I take it back, if I save with it being off it will not be on when I re-open. I thought it did, but I still would like to know if there is a variable to always have it off.

You can add the line to your acaddoc.lsp, as above. you can also set it as off in your template drawing, it will then be off in all new drawings.

Login to Give a bone

But would you have to be familiar with writing lisp routines to do that?
    Not really, check this thread out, and maybe do a search on the subject.

The variable on the command line is "UCSICON", "OFF", but the only way I know of to have that set every time is the acaddoc.lsp option.

You could set up a template (.dwt) with it off and open that everytime?

Login to Give a bone

I took a .lsp in the support folder and copied it with a new name, then put in the (SETVAR "UCSICON" 0) and it worked somewhat. It turned off the UCS in the layout I that defaulted to come open, but the UCS was still there in the model. So it looks like it turns it off in the Layout/Model that opens but that is it. So I am wondering if there is a system variable for it to always be off.

But I did find that useful for other things. What would be the code if a variable has the options 0, 1, and 2? I made one for IMAGEFRAME to be 0 by default but it didn't work on that one.

Really, all you had to do was add that line to your acaddoc.lsp file. If you don't have one, you can create it. To see if you have one, type (findfile "acaddoc.lsp") at the command line and see what it returns.

As for layout/paper space; it's the same setvar, it would need to be set in different places, and for that, you'd need a little more advanced lisp...

Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: UCS Permanently OFF

UCSICON *is* the system variable, but each viewport has it's own setting (and MS is considered a viewport)

Follow Brenda's advice and configure your template drawing with this turned off in each viewport.

For existing drawings, you could create a shortcom or a toolbar button to quickly turn it off.

Another idea would be to add (SETVAR "UCSICON" 0) to an existing shortcom. For example, if you defined "ZE" as Zoom, Extents using lisp like this:

Code:

(defun C:ZE ()
      (command "._zoom" "_E")
      (princ)
    )

;;; then you could modify this to...

(defun C:ZE ()
      (setvar "ucsicon" 0)
      (command "._zoom" "_E")
      (princ)
    )

...which would turn it off each time you ran the shortcom ZE. Of course the shortcom could be for any frequently used command.
    Last edited by rkmcswain; 2008-02-05 at 06:59 PM.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast