Thread: Dashboard acting funny

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Dashboard acting funny

Does this happen to any of yall, and if so what can fix it. Every once in a while my dashboard palette starts acting funny. While my pointer is on it and not moving it is fine, but once I start moving my pointer all the icons start blinking. Its like is going crazy! I have to move my pointer to the icon and not move it while the blinking stops, then I click and the command is fine. To correct it I have to complete restart my computer, just closing AutoCAD doesn't help. I really like dashboard so I want to fix this instead of going back to toolbars. I'm the only one using dashboard at my company so I can't see if others computers are doing this. Thanks for any advice or help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dashboard acting funny

Quote Originally Posted by j.shields View Post
    Does this happen to any of yall, and if so what can fix it. Every once in a while my dashboard palette starts acting funny. While my pointer is on it and not moving it is fine, but once I start moving my pointer all the icons start blinking. Its like is going crazy! I have to move my pointer to the icon and not move it while the blinking stops, then I click and the command is fine. To correct it I have to complete restart my computer, just closing AutoCAD doesn't help. I really like dashboard so I want to fix this instead of going back to toolbars. I'm the only one using dashboard at my company so I can't see if others computers are doing this. Thanks for any advice or help.
    HI,

I haven't seen this happen, but my first suspect would be video or mouse drivers. Are they up to date?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by timcreary View Post
    HI,

I haven't seen this happen, but my first suspect would be video or mouse drivers. Are they up to date?
    Yeah, both are up to date. It doesn't happen all the time, its actually fine most of the time. I think I have noticed if I open a large dwg then it happpens. But I would think after the drawing is closed then it would go back to normal. But it stays like that until I restart my computer. Very confusing!

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have noticed that my pointer sometimes disappears when hovering over the dashpanel.
    Must just be a bug with windows/autocad/video card.

Bug= something the user cannot figure out settings-wise. It bugs me!