See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wood Structure; Revit Architecture -> Revit Structure

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wood Structure; Revit Architecture -> Revit Structure

This thread has helped a lot. I am not seeing as much wall offsets like i did at first when using Copy monitor. But the biggest problem I've been seeing and am experiencing right now with my project and CM is the wall joins. Every 3rd or so wall join where the architect has his walls joining into another, seems to join in correctly. So then they are Cmed and i don't want to start tweaking them to show the joins correctly. Or do I just use the line-work tool to hide, and draw in the correct wall join?

Anyone else see problems with wall joins and CM?

Thanks for any help

Mark

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Wood Structure; Revit Architecture -> Revit Structure

Quote Originally Posted by aferrin View Post
    From Autodesk

"Thank you for contacting Autodesk Support. I am very sorry for the delay as we have been very busy this week. Unfortunately walls that are copy/monitored will be based on the centerline of the wall. There is an existing item logged with our development team to enhance this feature in a future release - I will be more than happy to add your firm to the list of users requesting such an enhancement. Also, if you would like to leave feedback on this functionality directly to the Revit Product Management team, I encourage you to do so at http://www.autodesk.com/feedback. They take this site very seriously and any comments are helpful for us to make better products. I apologize for the inconvenience that this causes you - if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know."

Answered my question, unfortunately I was hoping for a fix. Maybe with the next release.
    We stuck with CADAM until release 28; then we bailed. I hope the Revit team is quicker than that.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Wood Structure; Revit Architecture -> Revit Structure

Sorry to reopen an old thread, but this same issue is posing a big problem to me. I want to CM the arch'l walls in a wood framed project, but this wont work due to the core vs wall centerline issue already noted. I am facing the prospect of redrawing all the walls which seems ridiculous.

Are there any more recent solutions? Does RS2010 fix this problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12