I wish........................Autodesk would combine MEP & ELECTRICAL (& MECHANICAL)somehow.

I hate having to have 2 separate licenses, 2 software packages, 2 everything!

In the industrial world it ain't just about drawing elementaries or just doing facilities work. Most times it is both! Creating construction drawings for cable tray and then creating control panels.

I am sick and tired of the software coordination that is required to do my job. If it was not for the the elementaries that have to be created occasionally I could do everything that my office provides support for, from drawing pipe to ductwork from cable tray to structural with MEP!

Thats another thing! Autocad MECHANICAL has great steel tools. Add that while your at it to MEP! MECHANICAL has been the choice of our structural designers because of these tools, not the mechanical part of it (hmmmmmm!).

The company I work for provides support to the industrial world in Mech./Elec./Struc. and much more. I hate it when someone comes to me with AutoCAD related questions and I have to ask what version are you using. We have people using: MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, MEP.

Anyway I just wanted to RANT a little.

Thanks for listening.