Thread: A Few Consistant Problems.........

Login to Give a bone

Angry A Few Consistant Problems.........

First of all I have a question about dimstyles..........I have them set up for a 40 scale drawing......I dimension lines, curves, whatever, leaders, all the same.....but when I try to label a sta-offset I get an automatic style override......(it scales my leader and text up)....I have been dealing with this for at least 5 years......anyone who has experience with this problem let me know...

Secondly.......In a drawing with maybe 3 x-refs and the total drawing sizes is under 2 mb......and when I go to move a viewport in paperspace.......my drawing freezes....I close autocad and reopen the drawing.......this has been going on for a while now and its really starting to frustrate me........

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time...................

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: A Few Consistant Problems.........

This post only deals with your second issue; I am still doing some research into the first.

When copying or moving viewports, it is a good idea to turn the viewport off before doing so (this is especially true when copying or moving irregular viewports). This can be done by using the Properties pane, changing On (under the Misc heading) to No. Or you can select the viewport, right click to get the list of options, and change the Display Viewport Objects selection from Yes to No. Remember to turn your viewport(s) back on after copying or moving.

Note that if you use Copy to Clipboard (as oppose to AutoCAD Copy) to copy viewports, you will need to turn the copied viewport(s) on regardless of whether the original was turned on or not.

Login to Give a bone

I see what your saying, 90% of my viewports are irregular......making room for tables, legends, ect.....as a matter of fact it just did it to me again........I use alot of polygonal viewports and circular viewports......any other option?...is this a CAD problem or a computer problem.......I can sure as hell fix the computer problem by getting more ram or a bigger processor......but cant fix the cad issue......again thanks for your time......

Login to Give a bone

Have you found anything about the automatice override yet? I had found the solution to but can't find it again. There is a button that turns the automatic feature on and off. IF you find it please let me know. The override can be a real pain the the a**.
    Richmond BC Canada

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: A Few Consistant Problems.........

Still nothing......I have ventured to the microstation world for the past month.......