Thread: Reinstalled AC2007 clean...need help getting ALL settings back...

Login to Give a bone

Question Reinstalled AC2007 clean...need help getting ALL settings back...

System crash (Windows) & have to reinstall OS & Programs on a new drive.

Now that I have a clean ACAD 2007, I would like to get everything back as it was without doing a manual rebuild (File Pointers, Lisp's, Toolbars, Profiles, etc...).

I have access to the old drive & all program files. Can someone tell me IF & which files I can copy from my old to overwrite the new that would fix without messing up this clean install?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Reinstalled AC2007 clean...need help getting ALL settings back...

Quote Originally Posted by bjack56 View Post
    System crash (Windows) & have to reinstall OS & Programs on a new drive.

Now that I have a clean ACAD 2007, I would like to get everything back as it was without doing a manual rebuild (File Pointers, Lisp's, Toolbars, Profiles, etc...).

I have access to the old drive & all program files. Can someone tell me IF & which files I can copy from my old to overwrite the new that would fix without messing up this clean install?

Thanks
    You probably want to grab any custom CUI or .MNU files you may have created. If exported your profile (thereby saving it), you'll want that. If you never exported it, I'm not sure if you can retrieve it or not - never tried.

If you can get your profile, it will handle most things, like file pointers, toolbars, etc - provided you also bring in the CUI files, etc, that were associated with that profile.

Login to Give a bone

I can probably find the last used .CUI & .MNU files. I think I saw an acad.CUI with my last use of the "old" program 3-8-08. .MNS files too?

Don't think have any exported profiles & can't remember extension of them for a search.

Anyone have specific filenames? Just overwrite the new installs?

Also, can't remember the Windows settings (pagefile?) to improve Acad performance I learned at AU several years ago. something about 2X Ram & 4X ??

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bjack56 View Post
    I can probably find the last used .CUI & .MNU files. I think I saw an acad.CUI with my last use of the "old" program 3-8-08. .MNS files too?

Don't think have any exported profiles & can't remember extension of them for a search.

Anyone have specific filenames? Just overwrite the new installs?

Also, can't remember the Windows settings (pagefile?) to improve Acad performance I learned at AU several years ago. something about 2X Ram & 4X ??

Profiles are .arg files.

I can't recall if you need the .mns or if it will just recreate them. Probably wouldn't hurt to grab them. I grabbed the .cui and .mnr file from the last person I reinstalled AutoCAD for, and that migrated everything. I also had a .arg file for them.

in my case it was acadm.cui and acadm.mnr; but they are version specific, and also dependent on any customizations you might have done.

Login to Give a bone

Set pagefile max and min values to 1.5 - 2 x physical ram.

Turn off "hide file extensions for known types".

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the pagefile "Virtual Memory" setting.