Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Add-ons for NavisWorks?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Add-ons for NavisWorks?

Is lite ActiveX control not available in Navisworks 2012?

A.G
    Last edited by itssoftmech; 2011-05-17 at 10:23 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Add-ons for NavisWorks?

We have been developing specialized Navisworks add-ons for the mining industry here in Australia for several years with a lot of success in assisting at the design, construction and facilities management levels. We commercialized it into a product called 'iConstruct' about 2 years ago and have had good success on site and much interest from the industry here.

The product allows reports to be extracted from the Navisworks models, colour-coded schedules, custom view reports with properties, audit tools as well as tools to ensure models from several disciplines match the same 'BIM model specification' which we have found is critical to working on large projects.

For further info please see www.iconstruct.com - the website does need updating though as iConstruct 2011 was released a couple of weeks ago with many new features.

Later in the year we expect to release a 'Center of Gravity' module as well as an 'automated BOM on view report' module which is currently in the final stages of development.

Regards,

Rob Lawson

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Add-ons for NavisWorks?

Quote Originally Posted by ian.205287 View Post
    Just to clear up a couple of things.

When you install Freedom, you accept as part of the license that you will not attempt to use the NavisWorks Freedom activeX control yourself. The same applies to the full Roamer control, whatever name it may now be marketed under.

Artra has used the licensed activeX control since version 1.4 (I think), so for around 5 or 6 years now. Although you can get this from our website, Artra is a data and asset management solution based around NavisWorks models, in use in the construction and petro-chemical industries. It has produced lists of materials for 5 years.

Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by ian.205287 View Post
    As a matter of interest, which ActiveX? There are 3, the "Roamer", "Freedom" and "3rd Party", We pay Autodesk a lot of money for each installation of the "3rd Party" ActiveX, which has to be licensed separately, so I should probably object if others are allowed to distribute it free.
    I have been told that the OEM Version is currently not commercially available for NW Manage 2012 and 2011.
    Also, the Distributable ActiveX Viewer has limited functionality, so you don't get the Find/Search functions.

I really need to get hold of a licensed ActiveX control like Artra and ian.205287 have, and don't mind if I pay a lot of money to AutoDesk for each client install.
    I have been emailing AutoDesk back and forth for months and have got nowhere in finding out how I can achieve this task.

How do I go about this? Do I need to purchase NW 2007 or something?
    I have had months of frustration getting nowhere. I hope that someone on this forum can help me..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123