Thread: Reference information from tables into blocks

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Reference information from tables into blocks

I work in the commercial glass industry, and I am looking for someone to help make my job a bit easier.

I have attached a file with an example of what I can do, and I will explain where I want to go from there.

In the drawing attached, I have four window elevations drawn. Each window elevation consists of four pieces of glass, which are represented as dynamic blocks. After I have my elevations drawn, I use EATTEXT to extract the glass sizes into a table format, which I use to order the glass.

I have to assign glass tag numbers to each piece of glass on each elevation for our field employees to use to locate where all of the glass goes when it comes bulk shipped to the jobsite in crates. So, after I create my table, I then have to start at the top of the "Glass-Tag" column and number each row 100, 101, 102, etc...

After I have the table filled in with the glass tags, I have to go to the elevations and mark the attributes to correspond with the marks I inserted in the table.

What I want to know is if there is a way a program can be written that after I fill out the tag numbers in the table, that I can have AutoCAD write those tags back to the corresponding attributes in the dynamic blocks.

I know this is possible, but I have no understanding of programming or any idea of how intense of a project that would be. I have seen this same scenario used by other companies (where they wrote their own LISP, but are not so willing to share!)

Is there anyone willing to help me out here?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jim.knipe426609; 2008-03-10 at 03:22 PM. Reason: changed dynamic block for clarity