Thread: Where is Floating Model Space Cannoscale value stored in Object Model?

Login to Give a bone

Default Where is Floating Model Space Cannoscale value stored in Object Model?

I have a need to check/set floating model space's cannoscalevalue. Is the only way to get it by tiling to floating model space and then using getvar/setvar, or is it stored somewhere in the object model? Setting it is not really a problem, but checking it would be nice so my drawing setup programs do not have to tile back and forth every time a drawing is opened. Any one found it's hiding place?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Where is Floating Model Space Cannoscale value stored in Object Model?

Quote Originally Posted by pcs View Post
    I have a need to check/set floating model space's cannoscalevalue. Is the only way to get it by tiling to floating model space and then using getvar/setvar, or is it stored somewhere in the object model? Setting it is not really a problem, but checking it would be nice so my drawing setup programs do not have to tile back and forth every time a drawing is opened. Any one found it's hiding place?
    cannoscale? is this a 2008 thing?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Where is Floating Model Space Cannoscale value stored in Object Model?

It's hiding.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    It's hiding.
    yes, its hiding, but it only allows you to read the scale, dont try to change it using that code, it will really screw some stuff up (speaking from experience)

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ccowgill View Post
    yes, its hiding, but it only allows you to read the scale, dont try to change it using that code, it will really screw some stuff up (speaking from experience)
    I removed the code I had posted. I have not figured out how to modify that dxf code to associate with the proper scale.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    I removed the code I had posted. I have not figured out how to modify that dxf code to associate with the proper scale.
    Its not just your code, I used Tim's to write my own that did what yours did (reverse engineering) and it failed just like yours, so I am more along the lines of recommending not to reverse Tim's code to modify the cannoscale. speaking of which, if you can get your program to make a viewport current automatically, why cant you use the setvar command to modify the current viewport's cannoscale?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ccowgill View Post
    Its not just your code, I used Tim's to write my own that did what yours did (reverse engineering) and it failed just like yours, so I am more along the lines of recommending not to reverse Tim's code to modify the cannoscale. speaking of which, if you can get your program to make a viewport current automatically, why cant you use the setvar command to modify the current viewport's cannoscale?
    I have no idea. I'm still trying to figure out why I can't modify the entity list for the viewport.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for answering. The code you linked to works for a viewport, not floating modelspace. I need the cannoscale value for floating modelspace. I tried adapting the code to check for the modelspace object, but the value isn't stored there in the same way.