Thread: cad printing mirror image

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default cad printing mirror image

I know that this is not a plotter issue. I'm having a problem with a setting on my plotter properties. Somehow the setting was enabled to mirror the objects when plotted and I cannot get it to turn off. Every time I have to plot I have to change this setting. This just started in the last couple of days. Anybody....lol...any ideas?

I have changed the properties in Autocad and in Windows numerous times. Keeps reverting back.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: cad printing mirror image

once you make the change you can save the plotter configuration this will show up in your "printer/plotter" name list as a pc3 file. scroll down and find that new pc3 and you should be ready to go. if you need to you can change it in your page setup manager and it will default to the new setting. might be a good idea to change it in your template also. if it's been affected as well.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Are you using the "Default Windows System Printer" setup in your PC3 file, or do you have a specific printer selected? I'm assuming you're using a windows based driver instead of HDI.

If Default, then Windows usually has 2 places to set: Under the General tab (Printing Preferences) and under the Advanced tab (Printing Defaults). Both brings up a "Document Properties" dialog, but for some reason one's a default in some cases, while the other is a default in other cases ... go figure M$ likes to irritate people don't they? In both click the advanced button to get hold of your printer's settings dialog (this may be different if your printer driver is not a M$ compliant driver).
    See attached Win1.PNG & Win2.PNG.

If specific, then open the PC3 for editing (either Options --> Plot and Publish --> Add or Configure Plotters --> double click file; or while in the plot / page setup dialog, click the Properties button next to the plotter name). Under "Device and Document Settings" tab, select the "Custom Properties" then click the "Custom Properties" button below. This basically brings up the Windows "Document Properties" dialog. Then click the Advanced button, which brings up the actual settings dialog. See attached ACad1-, -2-, & -3.PNG.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Ok. I got it now. Thanks to everybody.
    Once you alter the configuration settings, you can save the .pc3 file all day long and it will keep reverting back to the original settings UNLESS you click the little button labeled "Defaults". If it had been labeled "Set Defaults", I'd have figured this out long ago. lol

I also discovered that all this was intentional. A guy I work with got to my station while I was away from it and changed. If anyone has any ideas for revenge please click here ---> http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...026#post896026

This guy's cost me too much time and I would like to return the favor.